PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I have just spoken to a friend inside CFG.

They aren't worried, and neither should we be.

There are no surprises. Khaldoon will burn down the entire Premier League house if it comes to it.

People inside CFG also thought we were fine in 2014 and nothing would come of the leaked documents.

They are bullish 100% of the time, which makes them a fairly useless weathervane.

Despite the optimism I find it incredibly hard to believe that this KC, who by all accounts is a serious person, is going to waste 4 years of his time and stake his reputation on a bunch of trumped up charges against an opposition that's shown it is highly litigious.

98 bullshit charges that get knocked over in court doesn't just make him look bad, it would open up everyone involved to some very serious countersuits.

I think it's 'beyond reasonable doubt' in a criminal case, but the burden of proof isn't as high in a civil case. Not sure how it's worded but it's along the lines of reasonable standard I think.
‘Balance of probabilities’

As we’re UEFA

As did UEFA
UEFA were doing as they were told by the top European clubs. The fallout for them losing at CAS has been minimal and was always going to be. It was never going to cost UEFA huge amounts if City were out of the CL for a while.

The PL have decided to take on their own dominant team, who have brought in the best manager in the world, as well as some of the best players in the world. The PL makes it’s money off being able to market this. If they make this stick, then the likes of Pep, KDB, Haaland et al not only leave City, they leave the Prem. Good luck to the PL in their next round of TV negotiations when the best side, manager and players are no longer here. That scenario is if they win. If they lose, what next after going after one of their own clubs in probably the highest courts in the land?

Either way, they lose massively and as I say, that’s what worries me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.