PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I understand now. It’s all clear.

Can you imagine if other agencies get involved and then find no wrong doing?!

Boggles the mind. Much easier to forget the whole thing.
No I think the issue is that if the first domino (the panel) fell on such serious matters, the rest of the dominos will likely follow on... I have said many times that all hell will break loose if we did lose on all this

Other agencies could get involved. But this will act as a strong disincentive to the panel to find serious allegations proven. What panel would want to find proven such serious, deliberate, long standing, conspiratorial behaviour by such esteemed directors and execs in multiple companies. And then there is the case of the Chairman - a serious international executive. And the diplomatic issue. All of this ups the ante for any panel.
I believe that once you factor in the diplomatic ramifications it would make it very difficult, I expect the UK government is waving a big stick at them at the moment, but perhaps this is what it's all about

No I think the issue is that if the first domino (the panel) fell on such serious matters, the rest of the dominos will likely follow on... I have said many times that all hell will break loose if we did lose on all this
That’s a huge burden on the panel then.

Radio 4 Today Programme

In between the extremely serious escalation in Ukraine and the CBI death spiral the Today editors found time to discuss the PL charges.

A football finance expert (for balance from Liverpool University) summarised the charges as historical and concerned three categories (usual tropes), inflating revenues, deflating costs and non cooperation. Which all sounded a bit lame really, He did confirm we were exonerated at CAS but wasn't pushed why the PL charges were needed. No mention of the poitically motivated nature of the charges ie the PL/cartel but did say the tribal nature of fans meant City were unfairly convicted daily in the MSM and social media.

However he did admit the club management in all areas was excellent. I think any reasonable neutral listener would be thnking wtf is this doing on the Today Programme.

We can expect lots more of this as the build up continues to Saturday...
Kieran Maguire He only lectures at Liverpool University actually a Brighton fan, the go to expert on football finances for most of the media written a book The Price of Football He generally gives a facts based view on things and wouldnt be speculating on the issues behind the charges

Theres also a twice weekly podcast to discuss all football financial related issues

If City were hiding anything in the very early monitoring periods of financial fair play, how come we reported losses of nearly £200 million in the 2010/11 season and then £97 million in the 2011/12 season? Our accounts department didn’t do a very good job of cooking the books then did they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.