PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We still don't know why three other candidates (who were offered the PL job) pulled out. Perhaps part of the deal with Masters was that a condition of taking the job was that "he should do something about City." Something smells about the entire case.
My thoughts too. Especially as it is public knowledge that three others offered the job pulled out without the reasons made known. You would not expect such job offers to be announced before appointments are confirmed.

1. Not impossible
  2. Definitely PL will hope for more documentary evidence
  3. Not a materially lower bar
  4. Lawyers are not infallible (my views here https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/business-of-sport/arid-41072465.html)
  5. Some of the above
Thanks for the link to your article it was a good read.

I can’t get my head around how such serious accusations can be decided by a panel of three people, two of which have no legal experience. In the same vain I can’t understand how a panel’s decision could lead to serious consequences for the people involved. Its either a serious matter for a serious court who have the power to send people to prison or it’s three people’s opinion who can assign punishments to the club itself such as a points deduction. In my mind it can’t be both.

I know I’m wrong I just don’t know where.

Thanks for the link to your article it was a good read.

I can’t get my head around how such serious accusations can be decided by a panel of three people, two of which have no legal experience. In the same vain I can’t understand how a panel’s decision could lead to serious consequences for the people involved. Its either a serious matter for a serious court who have the power to send people to prison or it’s three people’s opinion who can assign punishments to the club itself such as a points deduction. In my mind it can’t be both.

I know I’m wrong I just don’t know where.
It will be 3 lawyers. It doesn't have to be but I am sure it will be

It will be 3 lawyers. It doesn't have to be but I am sure it will be
Interesting but say these guys found City guilty of serious financial misconduct what happens to those people..what court decides their personal punishment given that there is hardly any recourse to appeal?

Interesting but say these guys found City guilty of serious financial misconduct what happens to those people..what court decides their personal punishment given that there is hardly any recourse to appeal?
Other agencies could get involved. But this will act as a strong disincentive to the panel to find serious allegations proven. What panel would want to find proven such serious, deliberate, long standing, conspiratorial behaviour by such esteemed directors and execs in multiple companies. And then there is the case of the Chairman - a serious international executive. And the diplomatic issue. All of this ups the ante for any panel.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230606-120447_Chrome.jpg
"Who are we kidding? Brilliant football team aside, brilliant manager aside, we find it very hard to believe that City’s current financial standing has no connection to their potential alleged breaches.

Indeed, among reports of fake sponsorships inflating revenue, it’s very difficult to take the current circumstances the club finds itself in vaguely seriously.

Even taking into account Premier League revenues and the now relatively well-run nature of the side, how on earth can Manchester City claim to be fairly more valuable than the most dominant side in Europe in Carlo Ancelotti’s Real Madrid?"
Oh dear! Oh deary, deary, deary me! Doesn't sound like the Dippers are taking the news very well.

Even funnier, they reckon it's us who've made the news up & are BRAGGING about it! :-)

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2023/06/06/manchester-city-shocking-announcement-amid-115-charges/

The way I see it is this is never going away. If we are found guilty we are cheats. If we’re found innocent we are cheats anyway. We can’t win. So really, do we care?

It seems many fans, the club, Pep, are turning the negativity to our advantage. It’s us against them and a lot of us are comfortable with that.

Every stone thrown our way by the cartel sponsored media is just more aggregate for us to build a wall between us and them.

In the trend of the 80s hit ‘Everywhere’ I’d love for the City fans to go further back to the late 70s with Pink Floyd’s ‘Another brick in the wall’. Here’s my clumsy attempt of a collective message to Delaney, Liew etc.

You don’t have no education.

You don’t have no thought control

You’re dark sarcasm in the pressbox

Delaney leave them boys alone

Hey, Migel, leave them boys alone

Cuz

All in all it’s just another brick in the wall

All in all your just another prick who will fall

Like I said, clumsy, but I imagine being at the ground, hearing that baseline come in and 50k City fans sticking a collective ‘fuck you’ up to the rag media.

Other agencies could get involved. But this will act as a strong disincentive to the panel to find serious allegations proven. What panel would want to find proven such serious, deliberate, long standing, conspiratorial behaviour by such esteemed directors and execs in multiple companies. And then there is the case of the Chairman - a serious international executive. And the diplomatic issue. All of this ups the ante for any panel.
I understand now. It’s all clear.

Can you imagine if other agencies get involved and then find no wrong doing?!

Boggles the mind. Much easier to forget the whole thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.