PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I didn't ask for *your* take, I wondered anyone else reading this thread felt the same way.

Because all i'm reading on here is we've done nothing wrong, but are going to get screwed either way by the independent investigation and can do nothing about the verdict.

You can look at this sequence of events from a few perspectives and no one on this site can provide a definitive answer but I think it’s fair to assume that City have quite clearly been targeted and no other PL club has been scrutinised or investigated to the degree we have - ultimately that will become an issue for the prosecution I.e. They can’t hold us to higher standards than other clubs. They should be mindful that anything they find us guilty of - it is likely other clubs will have done similar. This whole case is clearly motivated as a vengeful act by some or all of the hateful eight and I think we can assume that they don’t have definite evidence of wrongdoing - partly because Gill and Parry would have certainly leaked such info to their lackeys in the media by now and the PL would not have adopted the spaghetti at the wall approach of 100+ charges, if they knew specifics. I did think that part of this was motivated by the clubs in red trying to resist an independent regulator but, if that were the case it’s backfired because they are presently making a definitive case for a regulator with their obvious incompetence. Ultimately no one knows how this will play out but this case looks big on bravado, low on content and would be doomed to failure in the legal system, the arrogance of Levy, Gill et al might have convinced a few that they can push this over the line in their internal PL process but the wider legal process still needs to be respected and any KC or senior legal figure isn’t going to want to be associated with this case which increasingly looks and smells what it is…. A vengeful cartel taking out its frustration on a rival who has seized their ball and won’t give it back. As a few posters have said… if City really had filed 9 years of dodgy, manipulated and inaccurate accounts… the HMRC would have raided the club by now and they seem wholly unbothered by this politically motivated nonsense.

I find it bizarre is that ANYONE should think it remotely odd that when a club has ties with a certain country, that significant organizations in that country or connected to that country, should find it appealing to sponsor that club.

Of course Newcastle will want to leverage this, just as we have done and there's nowt wrong with it, much though the PL and our antagonists would like to think.

No different from Elton John wanting to put money into Watford or ditto Delia Smith and Norwich. People and organizations want to support clubs they feel a connection with.

Last edited:
Forget any idea of any criminal sanctions even if they do manage to stitch us up. I've been involved in fraud investigation and litigation, civil and criminal, on behalf of government for 40 years and there's not a prosecuting authority that would touch this with a barge-pole.
Do you think that you'll make a career out of it then?

Apologies if already covered.

I’ve been following the reports from Sky (May) and others, (including Delooney) in June, that the Prem Lge authorities will need to make a decision soon on the application from Newcastle to replace their gambling industry shirt sponsors with an entity (Sela) that is based in Saudi.

Why this is potentially interesting is that some speculate that Sela can be viewed as a comparator deal against our Etihad arrangement.
Newcastle will need an answer soon in order to organise merchandise for 2023/4.

If any of the charges against us stray into the old chestnut of ‘related parties’ …and the Prem sign off on the Newcastle deal then it’s another self inflicted shotgun blast to the EPL feet.

As many posters on here have already said the istry clubs will be shitting themselves at the prospect of the barcodes fully integrating themselves into the top four. Maybe this sponsorship arrangement is the first acid test for Newcastles new arrangements.

You can only imagine the corridor discussions with the Prem Lge led by the duplicitous ferrets from the hateful 8.
Re Newcastle shirt sponsor announcement… I didn’t expect my post earlier to be answered today. Related party / associated party, let’s party. I know it doesnt touch the fair value (but CAS did) or the EPL suspicions of scurrilous accounting and hidden costs but this EPL decision on Newcastles shirt sponsor seems to scupperthe chances of the related/associated angle being relevant going forward. Their new sponsor appears to exist as a Saudi state funded entity.

Have the PL given us details yet? They are supposed to disclose exactly what we are charged with and the evidence therefor.

They have. There was a whole list published. We have been charged, the alleged breaches have been made available.

The extent of punishment comes next, once the panel review it, against the evidence or arguements we provide to counter the charges.

I believe the club and the confidence, but it is not to be trivialised

They have. There was a whole list published. We have been charged, the alleged breaches have been made available.

The extent of punishment comes next, once the panel review it, against the evidence or arguements we provide to counter the charges.

I believe the club and the confidence, but it is not to be trivialised
Where was the evidence or the specifics? A list of rules that we are alleged to have broken does not suffice. We are entitled to disclosure.

Where was the evidence or the specifics? A list of rules that we are alleged to have broken does not suffice. We are entitled to disclosure.

The evidence is, according go the PL, our own books and all the documents we have provided them with, that they have spent 4 years examining.

I find it bizarre is that ANYONE should think it remotely odd that when a club has ties with a certain country, that significant organizations in that country or connected to that country, should find it appealing to sponsor that club.

Of course Newcastle will want to leverage this, just as we have done and there's nowt wrong with it, much though the PL and our antagonists would like to think.

No different from Elton John wanting to put money into Watford of ditto Delia Smith and Norwich. People and organizations want to support clubs they feel a connection with.
Indeed. If wanting Sponsorship, you go to your contacts, counterparties, friends, shareholders etc first. Cold calling is not the way.
The ignorance of the press was shown up by their attacking the deal with the hotel, assuming it was an AbuDhabi company. AD do indeed own the building but it is the tenants who operate the hotel and they are a HK/UK company. City stay there when training in AD.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.