PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Nowt. They’re just speculating that UEFA could open a case into City if the PL find City guilty. The rest is basically the repercussions due to the nature of the allegations the PL is making.

They can’t go looking at time barred accounts which they agreed to, then re engaged on and were then told by the CAS they couldn’t do.

This is the nub of the issue for me i.e. to find us guilty is to infer we have behaved criminally and that we have lodged false accounts, not just in this country but in other jurisdictions. Was someone that desperate to sign Roque Santa Cruz they were prepared to do jail time!

Also, HMRC would need to be involved for any accusations to succeed. But if we’ve inflated income then we’ve paid additional tax and higher player salaries will also have benefitted HMRC to the tune of millions. So no dice there..

And ultimately it’s the owner who is on the hook - someone who leaders of the world fall over each other to get close to. Good luck getting the green light to go after him from the government!

This is the nub of the issue for me i.e. to find us guilty is to infer we have behaved criminally and that we have lodged false accounts, not just in this country but in other jurisdictions. Was someone that desperate to sign Roque Santa Cruz they were prepared to do jail time!
Some might say that the signing of Roque Santa Cruz was criminal

The Premier League announced the charges against City on the 6th February. This was the day after being defeated by Spurs 1.0. City W22 D5 L1 in all competitions from this point onwards. The only defeat was a meaningless game against Brentford.

I am guessing, but I believe the political powers behind the charges were hoping that Pep would resign and City would implode. How wrong those people were?! What an incredible season! They can't beat us on the pitch right now. We now need to defeat them off the pitch. Come on City!

It seems incredulous to me now that the premier league would want to continue to pursue this, treble winners, European champions etc. This team is winning hearts and minds all over the world and improving their brand. Every team trying to play like us and we’re lifting the quality of our challengers while at the same time making games between other teams watchable.
Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.
Remember who pulls the PL strings, their bitterness and fear overwhelms the logic that City winning the UCL is good for the PL brand

The Premier League announced the charges against City on the 6th February. This was the day after being defeated by Spurs 1.0. City W22 D5 L1 in all competitions from this point onwards. The only defeat was a meaningless game against Brentford.

I am guessing, but I believe the political powers behind the charges were hoping that Pep would resign and City would implode. How wrong those people were?! What an incredible season! They can't beat us on the pitch right now. We now need to defeat them off the pitch. Come on City!
Everything they have tried has resulted in spectacular failure and as we become more successful our rivals will surely realise they have to try to compete rather than n follow these negative strategies. I think and hope that it will be too late for them. We are becoming a corporate monster capable of thrilling fans throughout the world with wonderful football. I know we will have setbacks but we are going to be difficult to catch.

Disappointed this thread is languishing in the second page. What happened to the outcry? All I have seen is the same old shit re packaged and delivered with a whimper.

The alleged breaches galvanised the whole club to steam roll a treble and witness huge commercial growth.

Uefa have reluctantly accepted the club after our little tussle.It’s time the league bent over for the champions.

The make believe end of world scenarios and the greatly exaggerated demise of MCFC is not looking so good. Is it? -:)

Khaldoon will deliver a steer on how pathetic these allegations actually are in his interview. I know he won’t be able to go into detail but he will need to address the fans.
bttf.jpg

Gonna get chucked out of the league, then start again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.