PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The pinch of salt here is that even if there is an ITK this is just coming from inside the club rather than a leaked sentence. It's reiterating what we already know the club think about the charges based on how they defended themselves at CAS and what they've been saying publicly about their own confidence levels. It feels like new news but alas I'm not sure it is really.

Tens of thousands of the bastards.
But after the last month I’m ceasing to care.
I wonder if all the shit will be settled over Summer, pressure really building on the PL.
Why is there pressure on the PL? Why can't they just let the process take its course? It's taken them this long to lay their charges. I don't see why they should be forced to rush the rest of the process.

Last edited:
As much as I would love this to be true, I have to ask myself…

Would anyone with any knowledge at City leak this news to some chancer to leak on Twitter? No, not likely.
Ditto, would anyone ITK at the PL do likewise? Again, no,not likely.

Doesn’t stop me wanting to believe it though..

As if someone on twitter would know such stuff.

Whoever told him that, heard it from someone else, who heard it from someone else...

Sounds believable because it echos things said on here but don't believe things just because you want it to be true.

Why is there pressure on the PL? Why can't they just let the process take its course? It's taken them this long to lay their charges. I don't see why they should be forced to rush the rest of the process.
I’d hazard a guess that our government aren’t best pleased that the premier league have labelled a future investor of billions of pounds into the uk economy a cheat/corrupt.
If there isn’t pressure, there will be if we’re found guilty.

As if someone on twitter would know such stuff.

Whoever told him that, heard it from someone else, who heard it from someone else...

Sounds believable because it echos things said on here but don't believe things just because you want it to be true.

Rik parry

Because PL initiated a process with their “115 charges” causing a frenzy which was unprecedented in terms of the media and rival fan expectation and excitement. They could have been more circumspect, but chose big bang. So inevitably people on all sides are waiting for urgent resolution especially because City have now hoovered up every available trophy bar the Carabao Cup. Liverpool have now missed out on the FIFA World Club Championship (costing them £150M I believe). No Champions League for Liverpool and Spurs next year so if City are to receive punishment for any of these 115 *transgressions* those rivals will be desperate for a lifeline !

Because PL initiated a process with their “115 charges” causing a frenzy which was unprecedented in terms of the media and rival fan expectation and excitement. They could have been more circumspect, but chose big bang. So inevitably people on all sides are waiting for urgent resolution especially because City have now hoovered up every available trophy bar the Carabao Cup. Liverpool have now missed out on the FIFA World Club Championship (costing them £150M I believe). No Champions League for Liverpool and Spurs next year so if City are to receive punishment for any of these 115 *transgressions* those rivals will be desperate for a lifeline !
Our rivals dont want an urgent rsolution, neither do the PL. They know it's all high risk and they want as much damage as possible from it. It smells like a smear campaign to me, the longer it goes on for them the better. Surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.