PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Can someone just give me a straight opinion answer?
What's the worst situation we could be facing?
Is ir conciveable a trophy stripping or relegation?
The reason I ask is like most I'm sick of hearing this go on and on (as it will)
And claims/counterclaim by City sites and non City sites.(ObsessedRags etc)
As we say up north , it will all come out in the wash :)

The worse thing that will happen is a hefty fine. It would look bad on the Premier League as a worldwide sports brand if worse than that happens.

I haven't heard anything about this in the media for a while. I think it will all blow over with just a fine, that's all.

The reason I ask is like most I'm sick of hearing this go on and on (as it will)
Anyone giving an answer will be guessing. That said, based on CAS findings, if there is no new evidence, I don't know what the PL will be able to stick on City if the tribunal is truly impartial.

Undoubtedly the Fordham Image rights thing is dodgy, but we cancelled it a few years later and paid back tax and interest.
But we aren't tge only ones here. 5 other PL teams were found guilty of Image Rights tax avoidance by HMRC and had to pay a HMRC fine as well - including MU and NU.

Last edited:
We've done nothing wrong.
Uefa tried to screw us.
Now the Premier League tried to screw us.

We've won both their corrupt competitions. How absurd will it look if the Premier League try to fuck over the winners of their product?

Do you think if we finished outside the top 4 the Premier League the cunts in the British press would be dropping their shithouse headlines or the Premier League would be going after us?

Nope me neither, there would be no need.

And do you really think Sheikh Mansour and khaldoon would risk their livelihood and their reputation and take a chance of tarnishing their country's reputation just to fiddle the books or cover shit up?

Nope me neither!

If we was guilty we would have been found out years ago. This is a collective effort from the red tops and the old school European cartel who don't like us being here and doing things the right way and succeeding successfully.

Relegation and title stripping are certainly possible. Given the seriousness of the charges, if proved (for the major ones at least) we should expect a punishment of that level, maybe even worse.

The second and third order consequences are much harder to predict (what would UEFA do, what would the authorities do, etc).

But this is existential for the club in its modern form, IMO. (This doesn't mean the charges are likely to be proven by the way - I think that will be very difficult for the PL.)
No chance in my opinion, the owners have give the go ahead for a 300 mil spend, not a chance on earth would they of done that if it was risky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.