PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I say a quote over on the Caf where they are discussing the charges, one guy is talking about revenue and how we can be anywhere near matching their numbers, one point he made is that they have a worldwide fan base of millions where we proberbly have maybe 100k.

So let’s think about that, 1 in every 2 City fans in the world attend every home game? Do they honestly believe the shit they come out with, the biggest issue they miss is that they can't let go of us being some little club. Like they have failed to recognise how we have transformed the team they have also failed to see what we are doing on a global basis in growing the club.

I‘ve no idea how many fans City have worldwide but whatever the number, I’d find it difficult to believe it was more than Man Utd’s global fan base.

Didn’t know where to put this. But FFP changing with the wind in Europe.

I’d joke that they’ll come after us for inflating the Sterling fee if I didn’t think they might..

I don't understand how a player can be sold for 'more than the market worth.' Because, by definition, if someone is willing to pay more, that is the market price.

This smacks of the medieval concept of a 'fair price'. For example, eight pints of beer for a penny, enforced by law. We are massively beyond such ideas. Imagine Sotheby's auctioning a Rembrandt and the auctioneer starting off by saying: 'Ladies and Gentlemen, the maximum bid I will accept is seven million pounds, as that is the assessed market value.'

Of course, you can't imagine it as it would be insanity. By the same logic, someone (the Government?) should decide the 'market price' of everything, But then it ceases to be a market price.

I don't understand how a player can be sold for 'more than the market worth.' Because, by definition, if someone is willing to pay more, that is the market price.

This smacks of the medieval concept of a 'fair price'. For example, eight pints of beer for a penny, enforced by law. We are massively beyond such ideas. Imagine Sotheby's auctioning a Rembrandt and the auctioneer starting off by saying: 'Ladies and Gentlemen, the maximum bid I will accept is seven million pounds, as that is the assessed market value.'

Of course, you can't imagine it as it would be insanity. By the same logic, someone (the Government?) should decide the 'market price' of everything, But then it ceases to be a market price.
The whole article seems to be nonsense.

Market worth of a player? Good luck in investigating every transfer and then managing the appeals. The transfer market would come to a complete halt as no club could guarantee their accounts would be accurate when it all drags on and on.

Wage cap across all European countries? Will never happen. The logistics of that and adapting each association to their respective legal and financial levels would give anyone a headache. Do the have a higher wage cap in London compared to Newcastle say, let alone country to country. Do they get an energy allowance as it's colder in Manchester compared to Madrid (that may be a tongue in cheek :) )

Are they going to attempt to control TV rights money to stop La Liga complaining the PL have more money to spend?

The extended contracts thing is the only sensible thing in there.

They are in the ffp rules regarding clubs who own other clubs! say city sell gomes to New York City team for 70m it wouldn’t be allowed with the ffp rules it be accessed for fair value

I‘ve no idea how many fans City have worldwide but whatever the number, I’d find it difficult to believe it was more than Man Utd’s global fan base.
Of course not but it is obviously more than 100k and the aim that our owners have is to expand that whether we like it or not, over on Twitter it is a playground for fans from all around the world for all teams.

The best are the rag fans from Africa calling City fans from Manchester plastics :)

I have no idea how many fans we have globally but it will be way more than 100k, I am sure we would shatter that for the NW alone tbh

The Propaganda machine has done its business, talking to a greek hotel owner yesterday, he commented how new City were as a football club, whereas manure were founded many years ago. also If people think of Manchester, the rags come to mind.
Talking to a couple of spuds fans, the hatred and bitterness against City and Pep for his dark arts, were off the scale.

The point being is that just because United may have casual supporters throughout the world, how do they monetise them? They ain’t turning up for games or buying tat in the souvenir shop. TV money is where it’s at, City have qualified for the champions league every year since 2011. United, Liverpool, Arsenal. Spurs etc haven’t. They have also made the last 16 consistently since 2014 and also made the semis and finals 4 times in the last decade. Add that also winning the Premier league title 7 times since 2012. All that turns into extra air time on tv and prize money at the end of it. Then you have the sponsorship deals that come in because companies want to be associated with success. City’s ceo embarked on a strategy of signing deals with smaller sponsors but doing so in high quantity.

All this on the bottom line stacks up into money, standing still and believing that their clubs will always be some historical cash cow has been the mistakes made by teams that play in red. All the while City’s owners are constantly looking at how they can grow the club further. Keep an eye out for the biggest arena in Europe opening in December next to City’s ground and then a hotel opening up when the expanded North stand is opening up. City can’t possibly have bigger revenue than United though can they?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.