PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Has anyone heard the rumour of City threatening to release the audio of the Fernandez VAR f*** up at Old Trafford in January? It did seem to get brushed over when Howard Webb went on his media tour a month ago.

Whenever we get charged for something a rumour starts on here the club have dirt on our rivals that are going to be released.

Either not true or never happens, or perhaps waiting to do if get guilty (I’m not sure).

But I would expect nothing on this (don’t even know if it is anything) as 99% certain that is what will happen.

I say a quote over on the Caf where they are discussing the charges, one guy is talking about revenue and how we can be anywhere near matching their numbers, one point he made is that they have a worldwide fan base of millions where we proberbly have maybe 100k.

So lets think about that, 1 in every 2 City fans in the world attend every home game? Do they honestly believe the shit they come out with, the biggest issue they miss is that they can't let go of us being some little club. Like they have failed to recognise how we have transformed the team they have also failed to see what we are doing on a global basis in growing the club.
They, and the equally deluded Liverpool fans, have this bizarre view that our revenue can't be bigger than theirs, because they have "more fans".

Even if we assume they have more fans (and evidence from social media numbers tends to dispute that) they can't get it into their pea-sized brains that there is no correlation between the number of fans and revenue. Possibly there's a view that a large fan base might be attractive to sponsors but I'd love to see some quantitative evidence of that.

United have DXC on their sleeve, who are an IT Service Provider formed by a merger between CSC and HP. I can pretty well guarantee that united fans haven't been rushing to sign contracts with DXC, or buy Team Vkeeper for their laptops. And I'm equally sure that Standard Chartered don't rely on Liverpool fans' accounts to keep their business going.

For these sponsors it's about exposure. The PL and CL are two of the most watched sporting competitions on the planet. Getting that exposure at a CL Final is like buying a Superbowl ad. This season was be our 12th consecutive season in the CL and our 13th consecutive season of finishing in the top 4 in the PL. We've won the PL 7 times to date and have now won the CL.

Etihad, and our other key sponsors, must be delighted. Because that's why they pay for the exposure.

I say a quote over on the Caf where they are discussing the charges, one guy is talking about revenue and how we can be anywhere near matching their numbers, one point he made is that they have a worldwide fan base of millions where we proberbly have maybe 100k.

So lets think about that, 1 in every 2 City fans in the world attend every home game? Do they honestly believe the shit they come out with, the biggest issue they miss is that they can't let go of us being some little club. Like they have failed to recognise how we have transformed the team they have also failed to see what we are doing on a global basis in growing the club.
There's 100k city fans in greater Manchester hahaha probs more than united. As for these arsenal fans they can fuck off with the humble act there all just jealous that we took their spot years ago

The Propaganda machine has done its business, talking to a greek hotel owner yesterday, he commented how new City were as a football club, whereas manure were founded many years ago. also If people think of Manchester, the rags come to mind.
Talking to a couple of spuds fans, the hatred and bitterness against City and Pep for his dark arts, were off the scale.
i can only say from what ive heard from people around the world 'and i do travel a lot' every word on city is positive ive been aproached with people wanting to see my city tatoo, taxi drivers never stop talking about us, met a few Ukraine lads over in the states and we are their new adopted club as they have no football, never ever a bad word, is it this country that only stick the knife in?

The Propaganda machine has done its business, talking to a greek hotel owner yesterday, he commented how new City were as a football club, whereas manure were founded many years ago. also If people think of Manchester, the rags come to mind.
Talking to a couple of spuds fans, the hatred and bitterness against City and Pep for his dark arts, were off the scale.

Spurs fans are the weirdest of the lot. They are obsessed. Not sure if it’s jealousy, jewish/arab thing or wether it’s the fact that they are brainwashed into accepting the status quo of football..

My old next door neighbour is a Spurs fan, his two best mates are City fans, he’s been to Maine Road more than he’s been to WHL. Yet, he’s obsessed with City. Quoting the likes of Harris and Delooney to me all the time.

It’s down to the racist view that “Arabs” are all the same.

Sheik Mansour can’t have a personal investment….

Etihad, Emirates & Qatar airlines were being accused by US airlines of being subsidised by state funding, no idea what’s wrong with that apart from disadvantaging US airlines. However, which is it?
The Emirates.
article-2261817-16EA8043000005DC-888_634x868.jpg

i can only say from what ive heard from people around the world 'and i do travel a lot' every word on city is positive ive been aproached with people wanting to see my city tatoo, taxi drivers never stop talking about us, met a few Ukraine lads over in the states and we are their new adopted club as they have no football, never ever a bad word, is it this country that only stick the knife in?
That's what I see as well. People get their opinions skewed by internet trolls and think everyone hates us when they don't. I still get get lots of "well at least you're not Man United" comments, even now, and "I love watching you play".

Having said that we need a stronger PR company to work on our image.

Didn’t know where to put this. But FFP changing with the wind in Europe.

I’d joke that they’ll come after us for inflating the Sterling fee if I didn’t think they might..

Surely this is based on inflated swap deals. Of which there have been some.

You buy x player worth £20 million of us for £60 millions and we’re buy x player worth £40 million for £80 million.

This makes a difference as on a 4 year contract you would have £20 million a year debt for £60 million in accounts all in 1 year.

Meaning a profit of £40 million, as opposed to £10 million.

The downside is the later years you have to keep doing it or eventually it catches up.

I think UEFA could put a deterrent in there to discourage or minimise, whether it would ever have teeth is debatable as would be tough to prove in most cases.

That said I agree UEFA should put it in there as it has been taken advantage of.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.