PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I‘ve no idea how many fans City have worldwide but whatever the number, I’d find it difficult to believe it was more than Man Utd’s global fan base.
I watched the game at Green Bay (v Bayern) and was amazed at City’s numbers in the crowd. That was pre-threeple, pre pure Treble, and of course young fans around the world are hugely following Haaland and Grealish when United have no personalities in their team. I’d say we’re still way behind but rapidly closing the gap. SM engagement is pretty high too. Will we ever catch them ?…who fucking cares ! But the rags/scousers obsession with history, arrogance and lack of respect is not helping them. When you read Red Cafe or RAWK some of the stuff on there is “off the scale” stupid it’s like a meeting place for the fucking village idiots. Long may it continue.

The Propaganda machine has done its business, talking to a greek hotel owner yesterday, he commented how new City were as a football club, whereas manure were founded many years ago. also If people think of Manchester, the rags come to mind.
Talking to a couple of spuds fans, the hatred and bitterness against City and Pep for his dark arts, were off the scale.
Hope you put him right?

That's what I see as well. People get their opinions skewed by internet trolls and think everyone hates us when they don't. I still get get lots of "well at least you're not Man United" comments, even now, and "I love watching you play".

Having said that we need a stronger PR company to work on our image.
If the club picked up on your last point, we could be stratospheric!

The Propaganda machine has done its business, talking to a greek hotel owner yesterday, he commented how new City were as a football club, whereas manure were founded many years ago. also If people think of Manchester, the rags come to mind.
Talking to a couple of spuds fans, the hatred and bitterness against City and Pep for his dark arts, were off the scale.
I’ll bet the hotel owner was an old man. And of course City’s success has fucked Spurs.

Spurs fans are the weirdest of the lot. They are obsessed. Not sure if it’s jealousy, jewish/arab thing or wether it’s the fact that they are brainwashed into accepting the status quo of football..

My old next door neighbour is a Spurs fan, his two best mates are City fans, he’s been to Maine Road more than he’s been to WHL. Yet, he’s obsessed with City. Quoting the likes of Harris and Delooney to me all the time.
Was just about to say the same. I'd say Spurs fans hate us more than any red team. We stole their thunder a few years ago as we started our climb and they feel cheated.

There's a guy at work who is a lovely smart friendly man till you mention City. He's convinced that City are cheating at youth level with millions in brown paper bags going to kids, parents, agents etc. And he can quote all sorts of expert journalists. There's no point in me arguing with him. He's just filled with jealousy and hatred.

IMO the only way to combat this is to keep winning.

I watched the game at Green Bay (v Bayern) and was amazed at City’s numbers in the crowd. That was pre-threeple, pre pure Treble, and of course young fans around the world are hugely following Haaland and Grealish when United have no personalities in their team. I’d say we’re still way behind but rapidly closing the gap. SM engagement is pretty high too. Will we ever catch them ?…who fucking cares ! But the rags/scousers obsession with history, arrogance and lack of respect is not helping them. When you read Red Cafe or RAWK some of the stuff on there is “off the scale” stupid it’s like a meeting place for the fucking village idiots. Long may it continue.

As a point on support driving down to Wembley the other week via West Yorkshire. I saw loads of blues in cars, mini buses and coaches straight away. We only started seeing United supporters after we got past Leicester.

Champions league final it felt like there were miles more Blues in Istanbul than there were Inter supporters. It was bonkers seeing loads of our lot still staggering around at 5am in the morning after the game.

They, and the equally deluded Liverpool fans, have this bizarre view that our revenue can't be bigger than theirs, because they have "more fans".

Even if we assume they have more fans (and evidence from social media numbers tends to dispute that) they can't get it into their pea-sized brains that there is no correlation between the number of fans and revenue. Possibly there's a view that a large fan base might be attractive to sponsors but I'd love to see some quantitative evidence of that.

United have DXC on their sleeve, who are an IT Service Provider formed by a merger between CSC and HP. I can pretty well guarantee that united fans haven't been rushing to sign contracts with DXC, or buy Team Vkeeper for their laptops. And I'm equally sure that Standard Chartered don't rely on Liverpool fans' accounts to keep their business going.

For these sponsors it's about exposure. The PL and CL are two of the most watched sporting competitions on the planet. Getting that exposure at a CL Final is like buying a Superbowl ad. This season was be our 12th consecutive season in the CL and our 13th consecutive season of finishing in the top 4 in the PL. We've won the PL 7 times to date and have now won the CL.

Etihad, and our other key sponsors, must be delighted. Because that's why they pay for the exposure.
Having a large fan base will be one factor as it will increase the exposure.

United v Liverpool will always attract good viewing figures for example worldwide.

I don’t think we have that just yet and if it was a 7th v 8th game, we would not get as many (or even a 1st v 2nd game with those 2 clubs I think more could watch). But that is not what is happening.

Success and the importance of the game we play in means that this year we must have played (and won) in the most viewed games.

City v Arsenal
City v United (FA Cup)
City v Real (CL semi)
City v Inter (CL final)

All my United/ Liverpool friends watched all of these games (probably hoping we lost).

But these are some of the biggest, most viewed games across the whole world this season.

The constant in that is City and also City winning, a sponsor would love to be associated with that.

The eyes of the footballing world have been on us this season.

To also take your view one step further (although not sure this is true anymore, I think they hate us with a passion).

As we a told our winning is hollow and no-one cares then our sponsors have all the exposure with no downside.

Where you speak about United fans not buying Team Viewer etc. just as they are sponsors. I can tell you my Dad would not buy any product associated with United (because he hates them). So if they where sponsored by Etihad and he wanted to go Abu Dhabi he would fly Emirates and take the hour commute.

Although he might be a unique case :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.