PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Having a large fan base will be one factor as it will increase the exposure.

United v Liverpool will always attract good viewing figures for example worldwide.

I don’t think we have that just yet and if it was a 7th v 8th game, we would not get as many (or even a 1st v 2nd game with those 2 clubs I think more could watch). But that is not what is happening.

Success and the importance of the game we play in means that this year we must have played (and won) in the most viewed games.

City v Arsenal
City v United (FA Cup)
City v Real (CL semi)
City v Inter (CL final)

All my United/ Liverpool friends watched all of these games (probably hoping we lost).

But these are some of the biggest, most viewed games across the whole world this season.

The constant in that is City and also City winning, a sponsor would love to be associated with that.

The eyes of the footballing world have been on us this season.

To also take your view one step further (although not sure this is true anymore, I think they hate us with a passion).

As we a told our winning is hollow and no-one cares then our sponsors have all the exposure with no downside.

Where you speak about United fans not buying Team Viewer etc. just as they are sponsors. I can tell you my Dad would not buy any product associated with United (because he hates them). So if they where sponsored by Etihad and he wanted to go Abu Dhabi he would fly Emirates and take the hour commute.

Although he might be a unique case :-)

When city play the viewing figures are one the highest especially around the world!

Of course not but it is obviously more than 100k and the aim that our owners have is to expand that whether we like it or not, over on Twitter it is a playground for fans from all around the world for all teams.

The best are the rag fans from Africa calling City fans from Manchester plastics :)

I have no idea how many fans we have globally but it will be way more than 100k, I am sure we would shatter that for the NW alone tbh
we arent stupid, we know we dont have as many as united, but, and its a big but, the number of new younger city fans coming through is huge.
ive lived in south wales for 30 years now, and i was the only city shirt around, but now they are everywhere. my boy is 16 and plays for the local footy team and when they train on a tuesday night i sometimes go over and watch, and the number of city shirts, especially from the young lads aged 8 to around 14, massively out numbers any other team. 99% of them have Haaland on their backs. and you can bet your bottom dollar this will be replicated around the globe, and other fans just dont realise the sheer numbers of young city fans there are these days. and if we have another 20 or 30 years of success, then these kids will have kids and they will almost certainly be blues as well.....and so it continues.....and by the time i pass away we'll hopefully be bigger than the Villa :-)

Was just about to say the same. I'd say Spurs fans hate us more than any red team. We stole their thunder a few years ago as we started our climb and they feel cheated.

There's a guy at work who is a lovely smart friendly man till you mention City. He's convinced that City are cheating at youth level with millions in brown paper bags going to kids, parents, agents etc. And he can quote all sorts of expert journalists. There's no point in me arguing with him. He's just filled with jealousy and hatred.

IMO the only way to combat this is to keep winning.

Sounds like my neighbour.. You’re not in banking are you?

Having a large fan base will be one factor as it will increase the exposure.

United v Liverpool will always attract good viewing figures for example worldwide.

I don’t think we have that just yet and if it was a 7th v 8th game, we would not get as many (or even a 1st v 2nd game with those 2 clubs I think more could watch). But that is not what is happening.

Success and the importance of the game we play in means that this year we must have played (and won) in the most viewed games.

City v Arsenal
City v United (FA Cup)
City v Real (CL semi)
City v Inter (CL final)

All my United/ Liverpool friends watched all of these games (probably hoping we lost).

But these are some of the biggest, most viewed games across the whole world this season.

The constant in that is City and also City winning, a sponsor would love to be associated with that.

The eyes of the footballing world have been on us this season.

To also take your view one step further (although not sure this is true anymore, I think they hate us with a passion).

As we a told our winning is hollow and no-one cares then our sponsors have all the exposure with no downside.

Where you speak about United fans not buying Team Viewer etc. just as they are sponsors. I can tell you my Dad would not buy any product associated with United (because he hates them). So if they where sponsored by Etihad and he wanted to go Abu Dhabi he would fly Emirates and take the hour commute.

Although he might be a unique case :-)
He is not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.