PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Remember Rat Boy's rant that City couldn't possibly have larger revenues than the biggest club in the world. As broken down by you above, it doesn't take a genius to work out why we surpassed the Rags from an income perspective.

One point to embellish on, as champions, I think we get a larger % share of the TV monies - "market pot" I think it's referred to???

That’s correct, the more you progress in the big tournaments the more money you get. How could United be matching the same money by playing in the Europa league?

One point I didn’t outline which is another important factor in Citys success is the academy. They laughed at City building a state of the art academy and also a network of football clubs within the City Football Group to provide City with a pipeline of the best football talent. The majority don’t make it to the first team, however what City make in transfer fees in selling players on is another big difference in their bottom line. One glaring example is the £72 million United payed to Dortmund for Sancho, City made £11 million on it.

United and Liverpool haven’t been able to replicate this model within their academies, really they should be as it’s another big revenue stream. Instead they are lobbying for clubs like City to have the number of youth players on their books reduced.

Was just about to say the same. I'd say Spurs fans hate us more than any red team. We stole their thunder a few years ago as we started our climb and they feel cheated.

There's a guy at work who is a lovely smart friendly man till you mention City. He's convinced that City are cheating at youth level with millions in brown paper bags going to kids, parents, agents etc. And he can quote all sorts of expert journalists. There's no point in me arguing with him. He's just filled with jealousy and hatred.

IMO the only way to combat this is to keep winning.
Agreed. City winning everything is killing them.
You can’t argue with these people, their position is borderline insane but they have to get there and see that for themselves. One day they’ll realise, but it will be a slow process with the media drip-feeding the hate.

The Propaganda machine has done its business, talking to a greek hotel owner yesterday, he commented how new City were as a football club, whereas manure were founded many years ago. also If people think of Manchester, the rags come to mind.
Talking to a couple of spuds fans, the hatred and bitterness against City and Pep for his dark arts, were off the scale.

Honestly, who cares?

The rags at their peak were hated by everyone (and still are).

It means they're jealous and can't deal with our success.

It's a badge of honor, smile and wear it with pride!!

That’s correct, the more you progress in the big tournaments the more money you get. How could United be matching the same money by playing in the Europa league?

One point I didn’t outline which is another important factor in Citys success is the academy. They laughed at City building a state of the art academy and also a network of football clubs within the City Football Group to provide City with a pipeline of the best football talent. The majority don’t make it to the first team, however what City make in transfer fees in selling players on is another big difference in their bottom line. One glaring example is the £72 million United payed to Dortmund for Sancho, City made £11 million on it.

United and Liverpool haven’t been able to replicate this model within their academies, really they should be as it’s another big revenue stream. Instead they are lobbying for clubs like City to have the number of youth players on their books reduced.
I would imagine New York City are a major contributor to CFGs revenue streams

Don't you mean Joe Lewis/Enic

I stand corrected.

He's a bit of a mystery isn't he?

9de9a01d-b576-4ccd-8359-790ae37f8d9a.jpg

Joe Lewis seen at a Tottenham game with Daniel Levy

Rarely seen watching spuds, given the shite footy that's hardly surprising.

I would imagine New York City are a major contributor to CFGs revenue streams

The location of the club playing in New York and also being in the MLS as a growing market. A club founded in 2015 has already won an MLS, they are also looking at building a new stadium. Messi rocking up to the MLS will lead to indirect boost to New York City’s bottom line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.