PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Had a red customer yesterday, he was actually ok (i know!!!) and see’s FFP for what it is. Acknowledged how good we are.

Anyway, got on to the charges and he said there is no way city can get near uniteds income because of how many shirts they sell…
And there lies the problem for the istree clubs, they are still stuck in the past with shirt sales income. Told him that after the initial deal with adidas, united receive very little in money per shirt sold.
I told him what khaldoon said that we are a commercial machine but he couldnt get his head round it.

We really did sneak up in the blind side before thundering past these clubs that bemoan us

My late mother always moaned about sports washing, usually on a Saturday or sunday afternoon when my, or should i say, her turn to do team kit.
The only context I'd heard it until our good Sheikh arrived
Same here... although I never had the moaning. My Mum died when I was 9 and so my team always refused to give me the kit to wash... cue a back hander from the old man for letting people think we couldn't cope...

Same here... although I never had the moaning. My Mum died when I was 9 and so my team always refused to give me the kit to wash... cue a back hander from the old man for letting people think we couldn't cope...
Think the moaning had something to do with her needing to remove half of tge field of mud we often called a pitch, from the kit, especially inside out socks which drove her mad.
Happy days

I‘ve no idea how many fans City have worldwide but whatever the number, I’d find it difficult to believe it was more than Man Utd’s global fan base.

Many overseas fans are fickle. It's not hard at all to see them flip from team to team going by who wins more recently.

It's basically like picking numbers for the lottery to them!

And in a COVID world where 0 fan attendance didn't kill off footy, but instead showed the importance of commercial revenue.. it's shown that how many fans a team has doesn't matter anymore, it's more about who has the most commercial revenue!

FFS UEFA can showcase it's total contempt for the fans by providing them with shit transportation, shit seats which make them bleed and scar them for life and still somehow make billions on the commercial product.

Do you really need more evidence you are thinking in 1973 terms.. not 2023? The world has changed!

Last edited:
Where you speak about United fans not buying Team Viewer etc. just as they are sponsors. I can tell you my Dad would not buy any product associated with United (because he hates them). So if they where sponsored by Etihad and he wanted to go Abu Dhabi he would fly Emirates and take the hour commute.

Although he might be a unique case :-)

Yeah seriously I wanted to buy a Camaro.. always wanted one as a kid, but after Chevy sponsored the rags.. no way!

I'll just get a Ford Mustang instead!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.