PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I also fail to see how anyone can say that the Etihad deal is or ever was over valued ? I've just googled them and they've gone from heavy losses to declaring record profits of $296 million in the first half of 2022 ? A huge amount will be down to the increased exposure and profile give by their association with City. Is Richard Masters going to tell them they've got a shite deal ???
I've always asked about the fair value bollox, who'd heard of Etihad Airways before Sheikh Mansour bought Mcfc, very few in this country.

Only in the UK would the national broadcaster be rooting for Bayern, Real Madrid and Inter Milan against its own league champions…. Just shows how bitter some of their employees are. In contrast when it’s a red shirt team the narra is that the whole nation needs to get behind them…. Hypocrites.
The senior executives who theoretically “oversee” the BBC Sport football operations at Media City need to have a deep think about their strategy towards emerging “global media giants” Manchester City. They’ll have to - whether they like it or not. At the same time they should put a hard stop to the juvenile fanboy stuff put out by that twat Stone and the tossers in the social media team who came over from Old Trafford. Things will change. We’ve arrived.

Last edited:
I've always asked about the fair value bollox, who'd heard of Etihad Airways before Sheikh Mansour bought Mcfc, very few in this country.
Exactly Sports sponsorship is about getting your brand in the public conscious which City have done more for Etihad than any media advertising campaign would do, an absolute bargain for them

Levy's negotiation skills are ENTIRELY due to his mates in the media and are in no way connected with reality.

He's cost his club more in failed negotiations than he's ever brought in with sales. Throwing away £80m on Kane this year and £60m two years ago is a prime example.
He actually wanted to sell Kane to Leicester for £600k before Leicester won the league. Think Sherwood stopped him from completing the deal, which he was desperate to make happen…

Very lucky

I also fail to see how anyone can say that the Etihad deal is or ever was over valued ? I've just googled them and they've gone from heavy losses to declaring record profits of $296 million in the first half of 2022 ? A huge amount will be down to the increased exposure and profile give by their association with City. Is Richard Masters going to tell them they've got a shite deal ???
These concepts of 'fair value' and 'market value' are totally flawed. You either believe in the market system or you don't. History shows that when governments try to control market prices it always distorts the market and eventually fails. As someone said on here - market value is what anyone is willing to pay. Why not leave it at that? Any attempt to control players' fees and wages is likely to involve a huge bureaucracy and that in itself will have costs. Having seen the football authorities trying to administer systems over recent years I have no confidence whatsoever in their ability to identify things like market price. It's subjective and open to corruption that we have seen in practice with EUFA. There are plenty of issues which a football regulator or administrator could and should get involved in - like crowd safety, racism and the development and interpretation of the game as well as the protection of clubs from unscrupulous owners. They can't even work out reasonable and equitable off-side and handball laws - so why should we trust them with any financial procedures.

If it's overpriced sponsorship deals that you're interested in then the AUDI deal with the rags a few years ago bears further scrutiny....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.