PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Collective TV deals (whoever the broadcast rights holder is) are required for the good of the product.
I don't see any momentum at all to argue against this among the Premier league.
It's a red herring.......up to now anyway.

And.....
It's not necessarily what Arsenal fans want or think......many of them may believe in a fairer league.

But Arsenal's owners (+ Utd & Liverpool)......do not believe in a fairer league, not at all.
They want to limit the investment of potential rivals while entrenching the basis for allowed club income to be only related to the current size of the fanbase.
Fair enough, that makes economic sense for them.

But don't let them or their media acolytes persuade you that it's arguing for a level playing field or financial parity. It's pure self interest, heralding a return to the scenario where they cannot lose in the long run.

It's locking out clubs with a smaller fanbase than you and locking in your own higher income from match day revenue, shirt sales etc.
Only moderate investment above current income is allowed so unless a smaller rival is absolutely perfect in everything they do for 10-15 years and they get a great run of luck with purchases and hirings it's impossible to move into the top 4.
We all know that if there is a move from the collective - it will be driven my the same four clubs that have been behind all the moves that damage the league to feed their self-entitlement

Ceferin tried twice to end UEFA case before it concluded. His proposal was City payed a small administrative fine and UEFA would drop the case. He was sent away with a flea in his ear. Our current policy will be no different. Either the league announce that they have no evidence or the case goes ahead. No fudge will happen.
UEFA is not a party to this case, nor is the FA. It is just The PL vs City.

I agree.

Folk need to take a step back and see the two antagonists for what they are.

On one side we have a fabulously wealthy, fiercely determined, fast growing, immensely successful treble winning football club, that plays in the most popular league in the world.

On the other we have that incredibly popular league, the Premier League, a league that suffered an attempted coup and came close to destroying itself. A coup that was engineered by four PL owners in cahoots with a handful of European "old money" clubs.

This botched coup was such a disastrous failure, that the Premier League, not just the four ringleaders, but the whole league! Was put on notice. The government, with cross party support and in consultation with fans, decided that as a consequence of this fiasco, the management of the PL was no longer fit for purpose. The situation was judged to be so bad, that the league could not be relied upon to self govern responsibly, or police its more powerful members and consequently they could no longer be trusted as the sole custodian of the premier division of our national game. The government has now told the PL it will no longer be allowed to run its affairs free of oversight, and for the good of the game, the league will soon have an independent regulator foisted on them against their will.

With any other organisation this is called being placed into special measures.

This situation is not against everyone's will mind, City are all for it.

I know who I'd put my money on.

Last edited:
It’s a dad’s number one duty to ensure his children are raised in the right manner, supporting the right team. Welfare, wellbeing, nutrition, education are all important. Supporting City is importanter

I know despite my brother changing his teams, my old man has raised us all in the right way.

Tah

Agree with this but some new format is inevitable. Fans are being ripped off by the likes of SKY and BT. No one wants to pay £100 plus a month to watch re-runs of United and Liverpool matches. The pay per view model will be operated by the clubs themselves as a collective (this is one reason why the Superleague was proposed). An agreement will need to be struck amongst the clubs about how the money is carved up. This needs to ensure fair competition. The potential global income from live streaming of matches is gigantic compared to the current broadcast incomes. The clubs own the content and will cut out the middle men. Content on demand will be the model moving forward.

Why can't a pay per view model be run, and revenues distributed by, the PL/ UEFA / FIFA?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.