PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Because they are run by crooks who all want a big slice of the cake. They are supposed to oversee the game but all these groups have become more interested in lining their own pockets and can't be trusted. I think it is inevitable that a new body will emerge at some stage run by the clubs (assuming the clubs stop fighting amongst themselves).
It is not tenable for a successful club to get £100m for a whole season of domestic TV broadcasts when the biggest grossing pay-per-view boxing match (Mayweather v Paquiao) got revenues of £678m. The broadcasters have been taking the piss out of the clubs for decades. The clubs collectively own the content and they should sell it direct to the public. There will have to be safeguards for smaller clubs but all clubs will get much more money than they get now if this is done correctly.

Fair enough. You have more faith in the owners of football clubs and less faith in the regulatory bodies than I do. Personally, I have never seen anything to suggest the owners of football clubs are better placed to secure the future of the sport than the PL/ UEFA/ FIFA.

How would that be a good thing? One of the reasons the PL marches ahead of La Liga is the equalitarian approach to tv money among PL clubs. This has fostered a more competitive league and appealed to a broader audience. Luton Town need to be getting as good a deal as anyone else in the league.

If broadcast deals were negotiated individually, rather than collectively, thats the beginning of the end of the PL. It really alarms me when fans of clubs see football through the prism of thier own club maximising thier own share of the pie, rather than the collective. Man City are only big because you are in the PL. The Premier League is the product, not Man City, Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal, the Premier League.

Your last comment worries me. Its like your up for it and want it to happen. Let Luton Town eat the bones that get tossed them
Like we give a fuck what you letter writing bellends think!

How would that be a good thing? One of the reasons the PL marches ahead of La Liga is the equalitarian approach to tv money among PL clubs. This has fostered a more competitive league and appealed to a broader audience. Luton Town need to be getting as good a deal as anyone else in the league.

If broadcast deals were negotiated individually, rather than collectively, thats the beginning of the end of the PL. It really alarms me when fans of clubs see football through the prism of thier own club maximising thier own share of the pie, rather than the collective. Man City are only big because you are in the PL. The Premier League is the product, not Man City, Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal, the Premier League.

Your last comment worries me. Its like your up for it and want it to happen. Let Luton Town eat the bones that get tossed them
Go and write a fucking letter about it, you and the rest of the selfish noncey nine

If it is possible for a 21st century English football club to organically rise from mediocrity and regularly compete for top honours without huge outside investment, how come you can't name a single one that's done it?

And your club were one of the key players in making that dream an impossibility. City and Chelsea found a way to bypass those laws and you fucking hate us for it, but if not for us, we would be living in a country where major trophies were won exclusively by you, United and Liverpool, bar the occasional freak season.

Leicester went from champions to Championship in under a decade. Tells you everything you need to know about the competitiveness of the league.

Never has a username on this thread be so misrepresentative when compared to the content of their posts. Gooner and humble are opposite polarity in my experience. Arse are the founding member of the hateful eight and carved the league up with their mates in the nineties, cutting many teams financially adrift. You tossed us and many other clubs the way you describe Luton in your post.

Constantly talking out of your arsehole.

Dirty fucking club. Stick to writing letters and moaning.

Fair enough. You have more faith in the owners of football clubs and less faith in the regulatory bodies than I do. Personally, I have never seen anything to suggest the owners of football clubs are better placed to secure the future of the sport than the PL/ UEFA/ FIFA.
You may be right. But perhaps the new independent regulator can play a role in ensuring that the smaller clubs get a fair share. It could also help to safeguard the rights of matchgoing fans. Any new broadcast arrangement could be conditional upon some of the income being ringfenced to subsidise cheaper ticket prices.
I just think the PL is a busted flush after the partisan way it has handled its investigation into City's finances. Masters and the PL leadership are in the pockets of LFC and MUFC and does not act in the interest of all the clubs. Like UEFA and FIFA it is an organisation which is not fit for purpose. The status quo can't carry on.

You may be right. But perhaps the new independent regulator can play a role in ensuring that the smaller clubs get a fair share. It could also help to safeguard the rights of matchgoing fans. Any new broadcast arrangement could be conditional upon some of the income being ringfenced to subsidise cheaper ticket prices.
I just think the PL is a busted flush after the partisan way it has handled its investigation into City's finances. Masters and the PL leadership are in the pockets of LFC and MUFC and does not act in the interest of all the clubs. Like UEFA and FIFA it is an organisation which is not fit for purpose. The status quo can't carry on.
As soon as any regulatory body tries to make things fairer the club's protected by the current regime will up sticks and join the Spanish clubs and munchen in a ESL.

If it is possible for a 21st century English football club to organically rise from mediocrity and regularly compete for top honours without huge outside investment, how come you can't name a single one that's done it?

And your club were one of the key players in making that dream an impossibility. City and Chelsea found a way to bypass those laws and you fucking hate us for it, but if not for us, we would be living in a country where major trophies were won exclusively by you, United and Liverpool, bar the occasional freak season.

Leicester went from champions to Championship in under a decade. Tells you everything you need to know about the competitiveness of the league.
Thinking on, about 20 years ago or more I said to a Rag, no other Club has a chance of breaking into the top because as soon as they have a player / players with potential the likes of you come sniffing around!

Thankfully the game has changed and Clubs can now say "Fuck Off" to desirory offers.

Fuck Arsenal. Bang on about their marble halls, big fucking deal.

Their fans are the biggest joke in the League, not called Tarquins for Nowt! Whoever came up with that was spot on.

As much as I dislike Spuds, their fans are proper compared to this lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.