PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Why can't a pay per view model be run, and revenues distributed by, the PL/ UEFA / FIFA?
Because they are run by crooks who all want a big slice of the cake. They are supposed to oversee the game but all these groups have become more interested in lining their own pockets and can't be trusted. I think it is inevitable that a new body will emerge at some stage run by the clubs (assuming the clubs stop fighting amongst themselves).
It is not tenable for a successful club to get £100m for a whole season of domestic TV broadcasts when the biggest grossing pay-per-view boxing match (Mayweather v Paquiao) got revenues of £678m. The broadcasters have been taking the piss out of the clubs for decades. The clubs collectively own the content and they should sell it direct to the public. There will have to be safeguards for smaller clubs but all clubs will get much more money than they get now if this is done correctly.

How would that be a good thing? One of the reasons the PL marches ahead of La Liga is the equalitarian approach to tv money among PL clubs. This has fostered a more competitive league and appealed to a broader audience. Luton Town need to be getting as good a deal as anyone else in the league.

If broadcast deals were negotiated individually, rather than collectively, thats the beginning of the end of the PL. It really alarms me when fans of clubs see football through the prism of thier own club maximising thier own share of the pie, rather than the collective. Man City are only big because you are in the PL. The Premier League is the product, not Man City, Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal, the Premier League.

Your last comment worries me. Its like your up for it and want it to happen. Let Luton Town eat the bones that get tossed them
Oh fuck off. You and the likes of United and Liverpool don’t give a fuck about the rest.

How would that be a good thing? One of the reasons the PL marches ahead of La Liga is the equalitarian approach to tv money among PL clubs. This has fostered a more competitive league and appealed to a broader audience. Luton Town need to be getting as good a deal as anyone else in the league.

If broadcast deals were negotiated individually, rather than collectively, thats the beginning of the end of the PL. It really alarms me when fans of clubs see football through the prism of thier own club maximising thier own share of the pie, rather than the collective. Man City are only big because you are in the PL. The Premier League is the product, not Man City, Manchester United, Liverpool or Arsenal, the Premier League.

Your last comment worries me. Its like your up for it and want it to happen. Let Luton Town eat the bones that get tossed them
Behave yourself. You and the rest of the red shirts didn't give a shirt about any other team as long as you qualified for Europe every season. Now you’re not guaranteed that income any more you whinge like fcuk. Hypocrisy of the highest order

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.