PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

WTF are you on about? I never said I'd have preferred it if Pep hadn't catalysed our season, or even galvanised our resolve, and I certainly don't think our accusers would have gone quiet had we failed. And I'm aware we won the treble as I saw most of it.
I said I was pissed off about the constant negativity when I should have been able to spend the summer reading about our successes.
still waiting for documentary

But CAS is an independent organisation (in theory) while the PL can make it up as they go along. There is no appeal to an independent body if the PL acts against normal laws of justice.
That's not correct. We should work on the basis the Independent Commission will be impartial and competent. The key thing that would give rise to an appeal to the Courts would be acting against the "normal laws of justice" as you put it.

Rule X.37 of the PL Rules states that EXCEPT FOR the provisions of sections 67 to 71 of the Arbitration Act (AA), the award shall be final and binding on the parties and there shall be no right of appeal. This is Section 68 of the AA.

1688663783275.png

WTF are you on about? I never said I'd have preferred it if Pep hadn't catalysed our season, or even galvanised our resolve, and I certainly don't think our accusers would have gone quiet had we failed. And I'm aware we won the treble as I saw most of it.
I said I was pissed off about the constant negativity when I should have been able to spend the summer reading about our successes.
We all get pissed off about something so perhaps I have triggered something so apologies if I misunderstood my friend.
I simply was saying that our reaction to these charges was admirable and made our season. I also feel as I said in another post that I prefer us to react against attack by media and PL in the way we have rather than let their distracting attacks be effective and stop us focusing on winning trophies.
Again apologies if you feel differently or if I misunderstand.

That's not correct. We should work on the basis the Independent Commission will be impartial and competent. The key thing that would give rise to an appeal to the Courts would be acting against the "normal laws of justice" as you put it.

Rule X.37 of the PL Rules states that EXCEPT FOR the provisions of sections 67 to 71 of the Arbitration Act (AA), the award shall be final and binding on the parties and there shall be no right of appeal. This is Section 68 of the AA.

View attachment 85638
This is why it will go on for ever the PL trying to find conclusive evidence whilst City counter with show us the proof and your evidence ! This will become a very costly exercise for the PL ! We don't care about costs and will counter every allegation ! 115 charges could be years ! All this latest mud slinging of old news shows that their finding it hard to get anything to stick so now a carefully coordinated effort is being used to kep it the publics minds !

this is my concern

I want to be comforted by the well considered and experience based views I read on here - but that video must have taken a fair bit of money to put together - and it has been done for the purpose of continuing the conditioning the majority of fans I assume

It makes me feel that the PL are going to be forced by the red shirts to 'go for it' because - fuck it there is no appeal process

It will be just CITY fans screaming that it was unfair - all the conditioned people won't give a fuck
Live with it. All we can do as fans or supporters is to believe.

So much is already history not relevant to today or the current success of Manchester City. I think we are approaching the endgame and what ever that entails.

MSM cannot have it both ways that this year promises to be the most competitive ever whilst eschewing City dominance.

View attachment 85638
Many thanks for that post Stefan.

No matter who the PL have chosen they must surely be competent so the legal and accountancy based members, despite their club associations must surely act within the legal framework they represent.
I am unconcerned with the reasons to charge City and simply feel that any bias they show will be looked on unfavorably by the Professional Organizations they represent ie their day jobs would be compromised.

I have just read Stefan's contribution and obviously appreciated and respected his objective analysis of the affair. I think hat many City supporters and posters on here should read the title with especial care and attention. The independent commission will be chaired by a KC and will include, presumably, an accountant and another expert. Their commitment will be to the ethics and integrity of their profession, they will be independent and they will not be swayed by "conspiracy theories and innuendo" but will require proof to substantiate the charges. My personal opinion is that it is highly, highly improbable that the charges can be proved or even shown to be "probably" true so I am confident.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.