PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Hopefully Khaldoon brings the entire Premier league down. Hope he airs everything.

We're not going to bring the entire Premier League down, can people stop saying this.

We didn't bring UEFA down and we won't do with this.

All we will do is fight the charges the PL has levelled at us.

Much like at CAS it's likely the judgement will find no evidence of concealing payments or inflating profits but evidence of non-compliance with the investigation.

I am a Derby County fan and we have been absolutely shafted by the EFL for far less than what you guys have been charged with.

I think you are almost certain to see a huge points deduction and a two to three year transfer embargo.
So you think we can get a points deduction and transfer embargo for being charged? Eh?

I am a Derby County fan and we have been absolutely shafted by the EFL for far less than what you guys have been charged with.

I think you are almost certain to see a huge points deduction and a two to three year transfer embargo.
RFn2pKbStRXtes8mB5f4mT.jpg

Surely the longer this goes and the more we win, the more motivation they have for taking it all back?

Those slimy Uefa bastards won't need any excuses either if we win Champs League between now and when.

The can of worms opened is huge.

Clubs who are relegated or denied a trophy can sue League for lost cash?

I can't see how they'll retrospectively issue points deductions. One of the benefits from this being motivated by the history boys is that they'll have their own motivations. Why would the rags be happy with us losing points over the past 9 years? If they were to do that then Liverpool win the title three times and the rags twice. Not ideal for their personal battle between each other. There will be lots of infighting over the punishment. They'll be far more interested in hurting us now and in the future with a ban from the competition and enforced relegation at the top of their list, a ban on transfers for as long as possible and a more strict set of financial requirements to adhere to for the next decade.

It's obviously serious, but I think its very similar to what UEFA had + the not time barred stuff. I suspect much of City's initial defence will be that they've been through much of this already, that if you remove the suspicion that it's read with via the leaked emails that there's simple explanations for much of it, and that they ultimately haven't shared those details with the league because they don't trust them.

My gut feeling is there will be a big fine, particularly on non-compliance, but rival fans wanting titles stripped and us relegated to the conference are setting themselves up for disappointment. Or City really have spent the last decade being almost criminal with their books and sloppy in hiding it.

Serious question here then. How would you feel about the situation if City are indeed found guilty of the bulk of these charges (there 100 of them, so I'm going to assume some of these will stick) and City are handed an unprecedented punishment, say a massive points deduction? Will your anger and ire be directed at your owners, or at the PL?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.