PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Looking back I did think at the time it was a bit odd Pep referencing spurs at one of his press conferences ,maybe this was the reason ??
Agreed, not suggesting our owners knew what was coming or even pointed the finger at real lawbreakers but let's ay its coincidental.

Perhaps other coincidences regarding our enemies at other clubs may emerge?

Dodgy owner doing illegal insider trading* some 10 years ago whilst no doubt leading the crusade to discredit, disable and damage our club to the maximum.

If I was a journalist I'd be all over this, potentially a huge story..

Not a chance of this happening though..

Kaldoon's "we hear, see and know everything in the game" looks like it's finally coming to fruition ..

I sincerely hope we've had a discreet input in this, you know, just to get the ball rolling..

Fkin Levy telling one and all how he wouldn't pick up the phone to us when we were looking at Kane..

Smarmy looking ****..!

Please let this knob have his fingers in the same pie too..

I'd laugh my b*locks off ..

* allegedly

I get it, but that’s because you’re viewing it with a football lens on it and seeing Lewis and spurs as the same. In reality, it’s got sod all to do with football aside from whether he’s a fit and proper owner if he’s found guilty, although that seemingly doesn’t matter now either because he’s not the owner (well, legally at least…)

This won’t be the kind of thing that Khaldoon was referring to at all.

I was watched a documentary again this week “the destruction of Iraq”. What’s similar with Geo politics, UN versus G14, UEFA etc is there’s rules & rules. You can commit the most serious crimes with no fear of reprisals whilst lying & planting fake stories in the media to destroy others.
I watched a documentary a while ago on the invasion of Libya and execution of Gadaffi and that was also based in spurious motives. Was more to do with the setting up of an African economic alliance which the west did not want. I just don't believe a word these days.

I think what is happening with our enemies is that when hiding behind rules they can change or selectively use they feel safe and impregnable.
Unfortunately for them there is no protection for them should they break proper, legal rules.such as the financial.one Mr Lewis is charged with.

Having dealings particularly with US dollars has problems for the banks never mind the investors in that they attract the attention of FBI and/or CIA for money laundering etc. and receive massive fines for offences.
Is it beyond the realms of possibility that other enemy club owners may have had similar feeling of being invincible and beyond the financial laws.
Criminals of the 1930s in USA were jailed for tax offences not for how they got those riches.

I've speculated before about whether they're using their united shares as security for loans in their shopping mall business. They apparently mortgaged that up to the hilt just before the 2008 crash, so loan-to-value % would've been high.

If the pattern here was repeated in the USA , then the lenders would have asked either for loans to be reduced or additional security. Those shares would be the obvious source and I don't believe the timing of their IPO in 2010 was coincidental.

There's now another squeeze on commercial property, plus the future for low-end malls like theirs isn't great. As the share price dropped last year, if my theory is correct, they may have been under pressure from lenders.

The sale process increased the share price significantly but it's now been 9 months since they started that and there's been no conclusion.

When we announced in 2006 that we were in talks about investment (which wasn't true, as we had no potential buyer at that time) it still took us just 6 months to complete the sale and I don't think Thaksin appeared until the April, 4 months after the December announcement. So it took around 2-3 months to complete the process with him, and we were also a quoted company.

In summary I reckon if they genuinely wanted a sale, they'd have sorted it by now. Others have speculated that they're trying to keep the share price high by dragging out the process.

It's probably a wild hope but it would be fantastic if the NYSE investigated them for market manipulation.
Very interesting . In which case it would be tough to sell the shares unless they could offer something else as security.
Possibly goes a long way to explain why the sale is stalling.

Looking back I did think at the time it was a bit odd Pep referencing spurs at one of his press conferences ,maybe this was the reason ??
I think at the time we all thought it was because Levy was being a twat over the Kane transfer and also as they were one of the clubs that signed the letter. Maybe just maybe Pep knew something was afoot?

Very interesting . In which case it would be tough to sell the shares unless they could offer something else as security.
Possibly goes a long way to explain why the sale is stalling.
They'd presumably have to use the proceeds to reduce or clear some of their borrowings, which might well explain why they're holding out for top dollar.

I watched a documentary a while ago on the invasion of Libya and execution of Gadaffi and that was also based in spurious motives. Was more to do with the setting up of an African economic alliance which the west did not want. I just don't believe a word these days.

I think I saw the same one, I’m the same that I don’t believe anything I’m told. I just try to think what are their motives? The reason we did believe them is deep down we don’t believe people can be inherently bad, what we’ve learnt is they are fuckin worse than bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.