PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Anyone know when our hearing or whatever is happening? We got charged in February nearly six months ago, is dialogue actually ongoing, as this three person committee actually sat?

confused? You will be !

This is the interesting thing, Everton were charged a month after City and they now have a hearing. City don’t have one pencilled in, if the Premier League are that confident of their case surely this must be moving along in a much quicker manor, if they are not confident in enforcing their own rule book why do they need to appoint and independent panel to adjudicate?

Think an interesting thing coming out of these charges is that fines etc are in the £££ football world extremely small.

Even IF we've actually done anything wrong it'd take a brave man/idiot to really try to wack us with points/relegation.
I wonder if our back up position will be this is all rubbish but even if you find that it’s not you cannot hit us with much because Liverpool got off on stadium costs clubs in Europe are getting tiny fines Chelsea’s not a lot United nearly nothing

Amazed at the lack of detail on Chelsea and United they would appear serious breaches but the fine suggests otherwise but we don’t have the detail but city we do

This is the interesting thing, Everton were charged a month after City and they now have a hearing. City don’t have one pencilled in, if the Premier League are that confident of their case surely this must be moving along in a much quicker manor, if they are not confident in enforcing their own rule book why do they need to appoint and independent panel to adjudicate?
The PL are stalling for time and have been doing this since day one. And while they have been doing this they have been privately briefing the media that City are to blame for the delays. I have always thought that the comments from the High Court Judge during the privacy appeal in 2021 (see below) were aimed as much at the PL as City. You may recall that both CIty and the PL wanted to keep their discussions private.

"This is an investigation which commenced in December 2018. It is surprising, and a matter of legitimate public concern, that so little progress has been made after two and a half years -- during which, it may be noted, the
Club has twice been crowned as Premier League champions."

I'd be surprised if we are actually involved in any of this stuff being revealed. City make so much money from the Premier League. Anything that potentially damages the reputation of the league and the top teams potentially costs us money in the future if the TV income dips.

Chelsea confessed their crimes and are already invoking the under previous owner innocence clause. The super trustworthy financial experts at UEFA and the PL (who I think actually check the accounts) didn't uncover them, the fine is peanuts and there is zero chance you'll find a YouTube documentary popping up over theirs or United's breaches of FFP (which means they also breach PL rules I think). Insider trading is also so far from football that most fans will just shrug their shoulders.

IF this and a minor COVID related FFP breach against united is the best allegation of dirty practice we can throw their way then I'd suggest we either aren't trying very hard or have no real interest in exposing the cartel clubs. The idea of revenge might feel sweet but what hurts the league hurts us and the best revenge is just excelling and winning

I'd be surprised if we are actually involved in any of this stuff being revealed. City make so much money from the Premier League. Anything that potentially damages the reputation of the league and the top teams potentially costs us money in the future if the TV income dips.

Chelsea confessed their crimes and are already invoking the under previous owner innocence clause. The super trustworthy financial experts at UEFA and the PL (who I think actually check the accounts) didn't uncover them, the fine is peanuts and there is zero chance you'll find a YouTube documentary popping up over theirs or United's breaches of FFP (which means they also breach PL rules I think). Insider trading is also so far from football that most fans will just shrug their shoulders.

IF this and a minor COVID related FFP breach against united is the best allegation of dirty practice we can throw their way then I'd suggest we either aren't trying very hard or have no real interest in exposing the cartel clubs. The idea of revenge might feel sweet but what hurts the league hurts us and the best revenge is just excelling and winning
Aye, it is all fanciful thinking. But these things do happen in the background. Who would have believed the PL owners themselves would (on behalf of our rivals) Try to ruin the reputation of the PL by charging the winners in the way that they have?

Why would it be a surprise or fanciful thinking? The club warned both UEFA & the PL they would unravel it all if needed. What better way to make this all go away than to create a possible embarrassment situation they need to squash… City keep feeding the info to fit their agenda until the PL drop it all and cut their losses.
As I said above, I’m not suggesting it’s true, BUT I’d not be surprised if it was true & would make perfect sense. At best we get let off or given a fine like others are currently receiving, at worst we go down & take the lot with us!
We all know the PL & UEFA don’t know their arses from their elbows so no chance all these events this week have happened by coincidence or thorough investigating lol. We have even stated in the past we have shit on others so….

Im not suggesting anything of course but….
I don’t think it’s a coincidence clubs are struggling to deal with FFP this window and are being careful with how they do their business.
I also don’t think it’s a coincidence that Barça, and Real have been told they face investigations over payments, nor Utd getting a fine, or Chelsea now having a fine too. Then you look at Spurs owner being hit with inside trading charges and you have to wonder…
Wasn't it Pep who warned them to watch out and how people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones etc, and Khaldoon who said those 8 clubs who wrote to the PL should be careful!
Could City now be turning the cogs, swamping UEFA/PL with paperwork and potential headaches/embarrassment.
Let’s see if teams Like Liverpool and Arsenal get hit too in the coming week or two.

I hope your theory is correct and we are responsible for the spotlight shining on these hypocritical clubs who are desperate to see our progress at best removed or at least hindered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.