PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Certainly the media make a meal of it if there is anything negative to report.

What's new.

All I can say is thank heaven's the allegations of this thread title came in when they did it effectively concentrated the surge that brought the treble.
Hopefully another PL or even UEFA set of allegations will propel us forward with new incentive.

Sheikh M must be so pleased with his investment.

Aye, it is all fanciful thinking. But these things do happen in the background. Who would have believed the PL owners themselves would (on behalf of our rivals) Try to ruin the reputation of the PL by charging the winners in the way that they have?
The difference is we are top of the pile and looking most likely to stay there. We're the most successful and stable club of the last decade and the only chink in our armour is the allegations etc. I think City are smarter than to destroy a good thing because all we can do is lose. Other clubs have much more to gain by getting us asterisked

media reaction is incredible on these FFP cheating clubs like Chelsea and United. its reported in way like weather, sunny today and bit windy tomorrow but lets not even make a big fuss and lets forget it by early next week.

had City have a 10m euros punishment from Uefa there would be human right saviour journos with pitchfork calling rival club executives for comment and PL too and turn on the pressure on twitter too with talk of asterisks, trophies taken away, etc.
...with Bingo revealing his horse's teeth and telling everybody who'll listen that it's a good day for football.

It's impossible to judge the Chelsea FFP case because we don't know the details. We don't even know the figures. What we do know is that the PL launched its investigation into City after we were CLEARED by CAS. We also know that one of the PL allegations/charges involves a consultancy payment of just £1.75m a year paid to Roberto Mancini which was part of a contract dating from 2008...five years before the PL introduced their own FFP rules. It seems clear the PL is acting in bad faith.
An £8m fine suggests something significant - everyone foams about our £10m CAS fine. Definitely have no trust in the PL or the cartel owners and of course I think the 115 charges are 100% bad faith charges - I doubt any of the other clubs though are likely to get charged with acting in bad faith towards us which is the only way the letter to CAS can be interpreted in my opinion

Why would it be a surprise or fanciful thinking? The club warned both UEFA & the PL they would unravel it all if needed. What better way to make this all go away than to create a possible embarrassment situation they need to squash… City keep feeding the info to fit their agenda until the PL drop it all and cut their losses.
As I said above, I’m not suggesting it’s true, BUT I’d not be surprised if it was true & would make perfect sense. At best we get let off or given a fine like others are currently receiving, at worst we go down & take the lot with us!
We all know the PL & UEFA don’t know their arses from their elbows so no chance all these events this week have happened by coincidence or thorough investigating lol. We have even stated in the past we have shit on others so….
Alternatively everyone else is clearing the books to "remove" any leverage City might seek out. If this is City's doing then we've seriously misjudged how explosive the claims are. No one seems to really care about these stories

This is the interesting thing, Everton were charged a month after City and they now have a hearing. City don’t have one pencilled in, if the Premier League are that confident of their case surely this must be moving along in a much quicker manor, if they are not confident in enforcing their own rule book why do they need to appoint and independent panel to adjudicate?
They have nothing on City, so drag it out, keep the smear campaign going.

This is the interesting thing, Everton were charged a month after City and they now have a hearing. City don’t have one pencilled in, if the Premier League are that confident of their case surely this must be moving along in a much quicker manor, if they are not confident in enforcing their own rule book why do they need to appoint and independent panel to adjudicate?
It was widely reported that we had raised a challenge about two aspects of the EPL proceedings.

From the Times…the dispute has arisen in relation to changes in the rules, with (City) of the belief that they should not apply to investigations into alleged rule breaches before their introduction.
In addition the club are believed to have challenged the involvement of Murray Rosen KC - a self-proclaimed supporter of Arsenal.

Think this will have to be dealt with first so no surprise Everton have jumped the queue.

Not sure who and how this is dealt with. But my understanding is any decision on the legitimacy of looking at charges against rules which were not in force at the date of the alleged offence could be contested upwards through a number of courts.

Lots of better informed and educated posters on here have previously commented and I might have the wrong end of the stick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.