PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Aye, it is all fanciful thinking. But these things do happen in the background. Who would have believed the PL owners themselves would (on behalf of our rivals) Try to ruin the reputation of the PL by charging the winners in the way that they have?

Biting the hand that feeds at the behest of the jealous, entitled and greedy fuckers who want everything going
their way.

Unfortunately the entitled clubs hold too much sway with the PL, as City have previously had to and still have to witness.

Bringing the fuckers down will be sweet.

Last edited:
There does feel like a bit of an FFP amnesty going on in the PL, with Chelsea approaching UEFA pants down, interesting theirs doesn’t cover the time of their CL win when RA still owned them ? and UEFA have now seemingly closed the book, It seems to me they have slapped us with the 115 charges, made us the story, while everyone else cleans their dirty laundry, if similar charges are levied at Lfc Arse or Spuds, then that is too much of a coincidence, the common denominator is obviously the good Ol USA, as well as these clubs either changing owner or being up for sale, my theory is they where put up in case the shit really hits the fan, as we’ve seen with Chelsea, you change owner & drop your pants = small fine

I'd be surprised if we are actually involved in any of this stuff being revealed. City make so much money from the Premier League. Anything that potentially damages the reputation of the league and the top teams potentially costs us money in the future if the TV income dips.

Chelsea confessed their crimes and are already invoking the under previous owner innocence clause. The super trustworthy financial experts at UEFA and the PL (who I think actually check the accounts) didn't uncover them, the fine is peanuts and there is zero chance you'll find a YouTube documentary popping up over theirs or United's breaches of FFP (which means they also breach PL rules I think). Insider trading is also so far from football that most fans will just shrug their shoulders.

IF this and a minor COVID related FFP breach against united is the best allegation of dirty practice we can throw their way then I'd suggest we either aren't trying very hard or have no real interest in exposing the cartel clubs. The idea of revenge might feel sweet but what hurts the league hurts us and the best revenge is just excelling and winning
It's impossible to judge the Chelsea FFP case because we don't know the details. We don't even know the figures. What we do know is that the PL launched its investigation into City after we were CLEARED by CAS. We also know that one of the PL allegations/charges involves a consultancy payment of just £1.75m a year paid to Roberto Mancini which was part of a contract dating from 2008...five years before the PL introduced their own FFP rules. It seems clear the PL is acting in bad faith.

We should put a new banner up on the East stand in big, big letters…GOD BLESS THE ROCK OF GIBRALTAR…wouldn’t half wind up the ones that have got more than half a brain

We should put a new banner up on the East stand in big, big letters…GOD BLESS THE ROCK OF GIBRALTAR…wouldn’t half wind up the ones that have got more than half a brain cell…
GOD BLESS THE ROCK OF GIBRALTER - THE WANKERS LOST.

media reaction is incredible on these FFP cheating clubs like Chelsea and United. its reported in way like weather, sunny today and bit windy tomorrow but lets not even make a big fuss and lets forget it by early next week.

had City have a 10m euros punishment from Uefa there would be human right saviour journos with pitchfork calling rival club executives for comment and PL too and turn on the pressure on twitter too with talk of asterisks, trophies taken away, etc.

This is the interesting thing, Everton were charged a month after City and they now have a hearing. City don’t have one pencilled in, if the Premier League are that confident of their case surely this must be moving along in a much quicker manor, if they are not confident in enforcing their own rule book why do they need to appoint and independent panel to adjudicate?

Everton's is much simpler to work out, I think.
They lost a lot of money, according to their own accounts. It's just about whether individual chunks of that loss can be deducted from the figure for FFP for various reasons (infrastructure, covid allowances, etc).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.