PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

it’s not as if he has any evidence of wrong doing or that it wouldn’t apply to any other club we are not the only club that do add ons we might do it more than most I don’t know but that just good business sense surely

I was bored and intrigued so had a look at this Atwood fella. To the extent that I could make out what he was actually alleging, it’s complete nonsense.
Seems he thinks we're obviously not going to be clean with all deals and hiding money somewhere in the addons. Nonsense.

Seems he thinks we're obviously not going to be clean with all deals and hiding money somewhere in the addons. Nonsense.
I've read his ramblings before and damned if I'm going to revisit the looney tunes but how does he think we're using add-ons to get around anything? Especially given everybody else uses add-ons?

I've read his ramblings before and damned if I'm going to revisit the looney tunes but how does he think we're using add-ons to get around anything? Especially given everybody else uses add-ons?

Let me help you out with a couple of quotes.

On add-ons:

"Let’s imagine: in 2021/22 Wilberforce Wanderers sell player X for £20m plus add ons depending on performance. Mr X does very well and so his add-on value rises dramatically. In 2023/4 the club with the player decide to cash in and sell him for £100m. It’s a good deal. Wilberforce Wanderers get a load of extra cash spread over five years and use it (including money not yet received) to pay off some of the debts and buy some new players. But then two years later the Revenue want a load of that money as taxation on the profitable sale of X. Wilberforce go back to the club they sold to, and say, “could you find any way to adjust your accounts…”

On sell-ons:
"But in football there is a big argument going on as to how the money from sell-on deals is accounted. Does it come into the tax year when the sale takes place or is it added back into the year when the contract is signed? And if they don’t have it…?"

I hope that helps.

On add-ons:

"Let’s imagine: in 2021/22 Wilberforce Wanderers sell player X for £20m plus add ons depending on performance. Mr X does very well and so his add-on value rises dramatically. In 2023/4 the club with the player decide to cash in and sell him for £100m. It’s a good deal. Wilberforce Wanderers get a load of extra cash spread over five years and use it (including money not yet received) to pay off some of the debts and buy some new players. But then two years later the Revenue want a load of that money as taxation on the profitable sale of X. Wilberforce go back to the club they sold to, and say, “could you find any way to adjust your accounts…”

On sell-ons:
"But in football there is a big argument going on as to how the money from sell-on deals is accounted. Does it come into the tax year when the sale takes place or is it added back into the year when the contract is signed? And if they don’t have it…?"

I hope that helps.
thanks for that. It's helped convince me he doesn't really know what he's talking about !

On add-ons:

On sell-ons:

I hope that helps.
Cheers, just his usual waffle then that peters out after him forgetting what he was talking about.

I presume this "in football there is a big argument going on as to how the money from sell-on deals is accounted" is purely in his own little head then as I can't recall that ever coming up before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.