PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We seem to know as little about the attitudes and beliefs of the British government as we do about the progress or otherwise of the charges against City. My assumption is that this is a matter of interest and concern to HM government because the UAE is an ally in a very sensitive area of the world, it is prepared to invest billions in the UK at a time when the UK needs investment desperately and our owner is investing in Manchester at a time when HM government appears to be abandoning wholesale areas of "levelling up". At the moment I believe that "interest" and "concern" are unlikely to go any further than discussion. I think it unlikely that any heavy handed interference in the process is envisaged especially as it seems there is no case to answer but I do not rule out communication to the effect that "embarrassment" of any high profile Abu Dhabi officials could well lead to independent regulation and a full scale examination of PL's regulations to see whether they conform to UK law. I cannot comment on the attitude of Abu Dhabi and what might provoke a decision to end investment in the UK. But I am confident the charges have no basis at all and are totally unfounded.

The farce that is PL (and UEFA) FFP.

Everton will likely require further loans from potential owners 777 Partners to stave off the threat of administration, despite receiving £20million last week

Earlier this year Everton returned a loss for the fifth successive year, the £44.7m deficit for 2020-21 taking their cumulative losses to more than £430m over the period.

This all day. FFP is not being used as it was originally intended. It’s needs abolished and rewritten to protect clubs not the elite!

Oldschoolwanc or whatever the fuck he’s called is one of the biggest lemon-sucking cunts on that forum. He once started a thread about Pep’s support for Rainbow Laces and because our majority owner is from the UAE he tried to claim that Pep is a hypocrite, going on some mad rant and proclaiming “I’m not going to stand for this”. Like any fucker outside his one man fake moralistic bubble gives a shit about what he posted.

I hope we keep winning league titles, grind his face into the dust, and completely end his will to live the fucking bitter clueless prick!

If only they could see how bitter and quite pathetic they look !

The government are not getting involved, they may have conversations amongst themselves but they will not tell the PL how to run the investigation.

I’m sure they won’t go anywhere near the “investigation” but I’d have no doubt a “word to the wise” regarding the outcome and any ramifications would be discreetly communicated.

I think the most the foreign office could do is to advise that the proof has to be clear and obvious (to quote VAR rules!)

There is no magic bullet. If there was it wouldn’t have got this far in the first place.
This is where I think the government might get involved. Not to tell the PL to drop the charges but to say to the Premier League something along the lines of “So this investigation into City - are you sure you have enough evidence? Because if you haven’t and you lose then this could get very messy for you. You see, the people involved in the running of that club aren’t low level businessmen. They have a lot of clout around the world and if you’re going to accuse them of something they haven’t done then potentially they have the power to destroy your organisation and all the clubs who may have tried to collude against them.”

Last edited:
So The Pathletic accuse us of being state owned.

Which we're not.

But if we were, then clearly a company owned by the Abu Dhabi State being charged by a UK organisation of cheating would be a major diplomatic issue.

So why are The Pathletic amazed that this is being discussed at embassy level?

Because secretly they know that we're NOT state owned.

Can't have it both ways.
But the media always want it both ways (oo er missus).
They told us "you can't buy success" and later told us we had bought our success.

Surely if charges have been brought the Premier league they already have fully substantiated and proven evidence , so where is it ? They are quick enough to brief the media and bring the charges ,so where is the cast iron evidence they have ? This is nothing more than a smear campaign from the Premier league to placate the Yanks who have invested heavily in our national game who want a healthy return on their money and" likkle Citeh" are in the way of their clubs domnating the league.
If the same investment in our club had been made from a white American this would be a non story , the negativity towards our club is absolutely racially driven.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.