PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So cobwebcat you are a huge investor in the UK pumping billions of dollars into it, and you are a member of an overseas royal family, and you privately own an internationally renowned sports organisation that is being accused of fraud that because you own them is reflecting badly on your reputation worldwide, and that of your country by association. Are you telling me you would be happy a kangaroo court presided over by an Arsenal supporter decide your fate at a football level , when you by dint of who you are, can talk to Presidents, kings and Prime ministers worldwide yea of course you would !
No, of course they won’t be happy. I’m saying if the Government were going to intervene why not do it sooner?

Im also saying it is not in the PL’s interests to slow things down…

Lastly I don’t agree that this case will be swayed by the court of public opinion. If it were, we would already be guilty.

Last edited:
The interesting thing is that we're told that this 3-man tribunal is entirely independent, supposedly even of the PL. But if we take the view that the government can "lean" on the PL to get the panel to come to a suitable political outcome, then we also have to take the view that the panel really isn't independent at all, even of the PL. Of course, we already knew that UEFA's supposedly independent financial control body was nothing of the sort.

And that works the other way round as well, so that others (and we know who we're talking about here) could potentially pressure the PL into ensuring the panel come to a different decision. If it can be influenced one way, it can be influenced the other.

Either way, it's not a truly independent tribunal if it can be influenced by anything but the evidence put in front of it. But if it is truly independent, then it shouldn't matter who says what to who.

The interesting thing is that we're told that this 3-man tribunal is entirely independent, supposedly even of the PL. But if we take the view that the government can "lean" on the PL to get the panel to come to a suitable political outcome, then we also have to take the view that the panel really isn't independent at all, even of the PL. Of course, we already knew that UEFA's supposedly independent financial control body was nothing of the sort.

And that works the other way round as well, so that others (and we know who we're talking about here) could potentially pressure the PL into ensuring the panel come to a different decision. If it can be influenced one way, it can be influenced the other.

Either way, it's not a truly independent tribunal if it can be influenced by anything but the evidence put in front of it. But if it is truly independent, then it shouldn't matter who says what to who.
Correct and I’ve seen Projectriver say there is no reason to believe that this panel will be influenced by outside pressure.

I believe we are innocent, as CAS stated, and we won’t need outside intervention though I can understand why we are mightily pissed off.

Last edited:
Correct and I’ve seen Projectriver say there is no reason to believe that this panel will be influenced by outside pressure.

I believe we are innocent, as CAS stated, and we won’t need outside intervention though I can understand why we are mightily pissed off.
But maybe the government would have words with the PL to make them aware of the consequences of publicly disgracing such a prominent UK investor. I'm not suggesting they would actually lean on the panel. If that were the case then the PL may well be regretting the chain of events it has set off. I still think the consequences of their (the PL) actions are huge and that all sorts of dialogues will be going on that we remain entirely unaware of. It's more than a football club being held to account.

Taking the “pinch” and watching Uefa move the goal posts may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. We know the levels these twats will go to now. Challenge everything and don’t take their word as honest that’s for sure.

Bitten once and all that.

The panel will be manipulated by all sides imo. Fighting dirty and winning is all that matters now. Morals have gone out the window when it comes to self preservation.

Yeah...Woodward was only talking to the then PM about the proposed Superleague on his tod...
"Mr Woodward met with No 10 officials at Downing Street to discuss the return of fans to stadiums as coronavirus restrictions are eased.

But he reportedly chatted with the prime minister after bumping into each other in a corridor."

Apparently, yes. What one has to do with the other however I have no idea.

The farce that is PL (and UEFA) FFP.

Everton will likely require further loans from potential owners 777 Partners to stave off the threat of administration, despite receiving £20million last week

Earlier this year Everton returned a loss for the fifth successive year, the £44.7m deficit for 2020-21 taking their cumulative losses to more than £430m over the period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.