PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

This where I think the government might get involved. Not to tell the PL to drop the charges but to say to the Premier League something along the lines of “So this investigation into City - are you sure you have enough evidence? Because if you haven’t and you lose then this could get very messy for you. You see, the people involved in the running of that club aren’t low level businessmen. They have a lot of clout around the world and if you’re going to accuse them of something they haven’t done then potentially they have the power to destroy your organisation and all the clubs who may have tried to collude against them.”
Lol, I read that in the voice of Liam Neeson.

Maybe we should get him on our "legal team".

Searching for any substantive detail on the PL charges is hard going. The only info I found in the public domain relates to 2 alleged payments, both £15M, one on in 2011 and one in 2012, paid directy into MCFC. Note immediately the lack of detail re the actual FY, let alone the dd/mm/yy. So the allegation is these payments were falsely reported in the MCFC accounts as sponsorship income from Etisalat. The false reporting must also some how of the slipped the attention of the auditors BDO. The ridiculous allegation is that both payments were from HHSM via a shadowy third party broker. In the allegation, there is absolutely no reason why these payments were made, eg in order to avoid a FFP threshold, nothing not even a guess why such a reckless action would be taken. Looking at the possible accounts 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 I could find no direct reference to any Etisalat payments.

So in no specific year and for no specific reason Etisalat were happy for MCFC to falsely report a sponsorship payment sent from an unspecified person.This collusion was ignored by the auditors for no apparent reason. If this is The Killer charge it would take a legal professional about 10 mins to destroy.

Searching for any substantive detail on the PL charges is hard going. The only info I found in the public domain relates to 2 alleged payments, both £15M, one on in 2011 and one in 2012, paid directy into MCFC. Note immediately the lack of detail re the actual FY, let alone the dd/mm/yy. So the allegation is these payments were falsely reported in the MCFC accounts as sponsorship income from Etisalat. The false reporting must also some how of the slipped the attention of the auditors BDO. The ridiculous allegation is that both payments were from HHSM via a shadowy third party broker. In the allegation, there is absolutely no reason why these payments were made, eg in order to avoid a FFP threshold, nothing not even a guess why such a reckless action would be taken. Looking at the possible accounts 2010/2011, 2011/2012, 2012/2013 I could find no direct reference to any Etisalat payments.

So in no specific year and for no specific reason Etisalat were happy for MCFC to falsely report a sponsorship payment sent from an unspecified person.This collusion was ignored by the auditors for no apparent reason. If this is The Killer charge it would take a legal professional about 10 mins to destroy.

Read the CAS award for more detail.

I thought City told UEFA/CAS that HHSM had paid the Etisalat sponsorship in 2011/12 while the details of its renewal were being finalised and the money was repaid by Etisalat once that was done?

Sooooooo, although there is no substance to the Athletic story the headline makes it appear there is.....
And on Saturday Raggy Taylor sends Rodri off.

And you tell me they me they are not connected. Huh, yeh fuckin' right. I'm not daft. I know what's happening.
Yeah. All Rodri did was to cancel his sub to The Pathletic. Violent reading conduct.

I thought City told UEFA/CAS that HHSM had paid the Etisalat sponsorship in 2011/12 while the details of its renewal were being finalised and the money was repaid by Etisalat once that was done?

If it’s the Etisaat payments they are trying to get City on, the club were posting £150 million losses at the time. Whatever the club were or weren’t doing in the accounts, it’s not like we were anywhere near passing the break even fresh hold anyway which the club was then subsequently punished by Uefa in 2014 with a fine and a squad reduction.

Where have City had an advantage from this £30 million split payment going forward when they have paid Uefa well over double that in fines in 2014 and 2020?

Sooooooo, although there is no substance to the Athletic story the headline makes it appear there is.....
And on Saturday Raggy Taylor sends Rodri off.

And you tell me they me they are not connected. Huh, yeh fuckin' right. I'm not daft. I know what's happening.
It's pretty obvious there's a relentless attack on City. This makes our success over the past years an admirable achievement. The arseholes probably have a weekly anti City committee, working out what dastardly thing they can do next.

I'm aware that nobody actually knows but which of these scenarios do you feel is more likely?

The 115 charges are really a small number of alleged offences with multiple charges attached to each one. The main purpose of this is to make it seem like there are 115 separate major offences and this is the thrust of the media coverage and the perception of rival fans. Will there be an interim step in the process whereby the 115 charges are reduced to a core number that the PL think they can make stick or will we find out at the end that we have been found guilty or not on however many of the 115?

I think the former option is most likely.

re the YouTube attack in June 23. Absolutely everything re the integrity/validity of the Etisalat payments could be resolved via an affidavit from the relevant Etisalat CEO or CFO circa 2011/2012. Of course they are under no obligation whatsoever to cooperate with a PL kangaroo court. However a witness statement from either executive would be the type of irrefutable evidence mentioned in the clubs statement in Feb 2023. The notion that our legal experts, who are amongst the best in the world, would propose a defence based on a contrived third party called "Mr Jabber" is so pathetic it would be hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.