PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

There would be one problem with this scenario.
If it were to be proven that we were using "friends in high places" to have effectively threatened to withdraw investment in the UK as a tool in these "charges", the press and resultant fall-out would be astronomical.......... and ad infinitum. A political shit-storm in the making and the ruination of our club. Khaldoun is not stupid.
Therefore, never going to happen.
But would the UK be wanting to be seen as accepting money off crooks?? We don't need to threatening withdrawing funding the problem will lie with the government how could they possibly accept money off such people if found guilty???

There would be one problem with this scenario.
If it were to be proven that we were using "friends in high places" to have effectively threatened to withdraw investment in the UK as a tool in these "charges", the press and resultant fall-out would be astronomical.......... and ad infinitum. A political shit-storm in the making and the ruination of our club. Khaldoun is not stupid.
Therefore, never going to happen.
Don’t think it would be an issue tbh. If leverage was applied and the EPL and its panel were advised by the government to kill the investigation for the greater national interest, the government could also slap what I think are called D notices on the issue to request no reporting for the next one hundred years, if they wanted to.

I keep reading that Uefa were aware of this and that and there were discussions that had taken place between us and Uefa, while this is all well and good I assume we also had the same conversations with the Premier League, if we didn't then we may have left ourselves exposed.

But would the UK be wanting to be seen as accepting money off crooks?? We don't need to threatening withdrawing funding the problem will lie with the government how could they possibly accept money off such people if found guilty???
Call me cynical, but I reckon that ship has long since sailed!!!

Well it has not affected our togetherness, our results and our finences together with it reflecting in our global influence.
Comprehensive own goal I think but what else can they do.?
The exact opposite, the charges girded our collective loins. Owners, board, senior management, playing staff, coaching staff, supporters, dinner ladies.

We don't win the treble without these charges being brought. We don't win three in a row. We don't see record revenues, and we possibly don't see the NS extension. We wouldn't see The Etihad becoming the feared fortress it has become. We might not have signed the world superstar who leads our line.

SPECTACULAR own goal by the red shirt history bastards.

Bring on some more I say, make it a nice round 200 charges. That should see us take the 4 in a row, back to back trebles and sign-off on the East & West stand expansions.

In fact, fuck it...make it 400 charges, lets have a 10 year party.

Don’t think it would be an issue tbh. If leverage was applied and the EPL and its panel were advised by the government to kill the investigation for the greater national interest, the government could also slap what I think are called D notices on the issue to request no reporting for the next one hundred years, if they wanted to.
Unworkable in the day of the internet.
D notices are not compulsory and the U.K. Press would just report what was being published abroad.

That's also my understanding, and iirc the CAS verdict showed that UEFA had discussed this with City back in 2014 and were happy with the outcome. Therefore if the PL are claiming we overstated our sponsorship income on the basis of the Etisalat arrangement, it's hard to see how they can land this.

The former is correct.

We don't know for certain but there appear to be three core charges - Mancini's Al Jazira contract, the Etisalat sponsorship and image rights payments to players. These have been stretched out over multiple rules and multiple years, plus there's other charges arising from those that won't stand if those specific charges aren't upheld.

UEFA knew about Etisalat and image rights payments well before 2018 yet didn't charge us with any offence (although Etisalat was probably time-barred). They also knew about the Mancini contract in 2018, as a result of the Der Spiegel leaks, yet didn't charge us with that either, despite all the documentation being revealed. We don't know if UEFA discussed it with City as part of the charges that led to CAS, and it didn't come up at CAS so the assumption must be that there wasn't much mileage in that contract.

You dont think they are re-opening Etihad, PB?

The only reason I ask is that the "erroneous accounts" referals are for 2009-2018. The other three issues don't cover all those years, do they? Unless they are saying the cumulative effect of those three on the share capital / retained loss split in itself prevents a true and fair view in every subsequent year which, to me at least, is a bit of a stretch given the amounts involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.