PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

We just need an outcome and to be over and done with it all. One way or another. Our fans so not deserve this, none of this is because of us, we have always supported the club no matter what, and we'll continue to do so. Soriano and others need to come out and give us answers. We deserve clarity
Spot on. It never bothered me being shite, as being an honest loser will always be more admirable than being a fraudulent success, with the stigma that follows.

If these allegations are proven true to an extent that excludes genuine mistakes, then this club needs to be surrendered back to its fans in some sort of cooperative, and we rebuild from wherever we find ourselves.

Last edited:
For someone who is a bit thick (me) does anyone know what we have actually been charged with?
I am a bit concerned because in september 1978 just oustside the kippax stand I found 50p on the floor which I just put in my pocket & didnt tell anyone, do you think I might be in trouble from the FA?

Lifetime ban i am afraid.

No, on the contrary I suspect that in the end it benefits neither the league, its brand, nor City for the sanctions to be of any real significance. I'm just guessing btw and have no professional insights or anything like that, but I can see it being a points deduction which maybe means a season out of the CL, and a slap on the wrist. But not much beyond that.

The wider damage to the club's reputation is now done. We've gone from old titles being questioned to literally every season up to and including the 100 point one being in breach of PL rules. Whether we win or lose from here, the damage is done.
We Will get 100 point again so stop us Never ;-)

Will say again for the PL to prove that we concealed payments to managers and players and that we inflated profits they must have solid proof. I can't see that they have it.

For this kind of evidence HMRC, the National Crime Agency, the UK Financial Intelligence Unit etc, would all have to be involved. This would also involve which ever organisations we used for our accounts and auditing.

And yet there is no such evidence that any of these agencies and organisations are involved, even though government agencies leak like a sieve.

I do however expect the PL to find us guilty on non-compliance with the investigation though I doubt that will be on all 30 charges.
It's a 4 year long investigation, so they might have former players, managers and agents who have given statements to explain how they ended up with more money in their accounts, than what the club officially offered up to the investigation. A third party company that pays players and managers under the table for image rights, commercial bonuses etc etc...

They seem very confident of the facts around the Mancini payments. So if the club are saying that he was paid 4 million, but the bank of Zurich are saying 8 million, then there is clear proof that stuff has been going on off the books. And that is just one manager. When you consider all of the players who have come and gone in the last 14 seasons, then the scale of it starts to make your knees knock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.