PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Not sure if this has been posted but some quotes from Kieran Maguire. Sounds like he’s been talking to people close to the club and that they’re relaxed about the whole thing. That’s not anything new of course but it’s interesting to see that our position hasn’t changed.

One other thing that stuck out in this article is that the PL claim they have “irrefutable evidence” against us. I’ve never seen this reported anywhere before:

I think the report has mixed this up, it is us who said we have irrefutable evidence and not the Premier League.

Neither Maguire nor the Premier League actually mention irrefutable evidence in this article.
It's the author speaking in lazy assumptions
The PL have been much more careful with their comments after the UEFA case came unstuck following Ceferin's outlandish claim about their "concrete case." I am sure you are correct. If they had "irrefutable evidence" it would not be going to a new panel. The Mancini allegations go back almost 15 years. The case is a farce.

What other choice did we have? The rules are bullshit. City had no other option apart from not being taken over and remaining in our place. It’s not right to throw the weak line of “we signed up to the rule”. Fuck em.
Let's remember we are not being accused of breaking the law. This is not a criminal matter, it's a made up bunch of rules borne of dubious intentions. The expressions rules are meant to be broken, bending the rules, and there are exceptions to every rule came about for a reason. I'm not saying City breached any rules, but I am saying when the reality of our standing as one of the most prosperous and successful clubs in the current modern world of professional football both on the pitch and off are measured against the level of intense scrutiny and relentless digging it becomes very apparent that this is a witch hunt, a hatchet job, plain and simple. They should be looking at clubs that continue to spend excessively while accumulating great debt. Our owners have taken on a level of risk commensurate with a certain level of expectations and have succeeded massively in attaining great success both competitively and financially. It's what anyone should call a successful business venture as well as a successful sporting one. We're not asking for any bailouts, financial relief, or placing the club in any financial duress. The "charges" are all about us winning, simple as...us taking the perch away from the "traditional" red clubs. I can't wait until this is all behind us. And I don't give a single fuck about what fans of the Rags, Dippers, or Arse say afterwards. I just care about us continuing to operate among the very best...

CADED...that's my City, All Day, Every Day...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.