PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Soriano particularly needs to speak up now!
He won't though... as Bobby Manc pointed out, he should have stuck to running an airline. All I've seen during his tenure is aloofness and an increasingly hostile attitude to rank and file supporters

There was no "passive approach" with the last UEFA charges that we took to CAS

The club have said it with the final line of their statement
"As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all"
But there was in all the build up to the case, and even after the case, there was no response to the element we were guilty of (failing to provide etc) when we are all aware the reason we didn't provide was earlier leaks from the UEFA side. This was once again just let slide.

Still the accusations continue, despite our being cleared of all but the most minor issue, the agenda is still that we somehow pulled a fast one and got off on a technicality, not that we were innocent.

So explain, how is this passive approach working?

It seems that the PL are hell-bent on making an example of City irrespective of previous investigations. Like the ole saying goes: "throw enough shit at it and eventually it will stick"!!

ffs what a way to start the week. im not an expert but the amount of nitpicking and hostility from the pl tells you all that you need to know. Its an organization at service of the "legacy clubs" and always was, that is reflected every weekend on the pitch by the refs. I just hope we can retool the squad in the summer and procede to destroy all those cunts on the pitch

Rumour has it the bulldozers are on a minutes notice to move into the ground and demolition the lot. And are owners strung up for upsetting the red clubs

As a conspiracy theorist maybe we have infiltrated the FA and have this all sown up and use as a boost to yesterdays defeat :-) ok maybe not lol

Will say again for the PL to prove that we concealed payments to managers and players and that we inflated profits they must have solid proof. I can't see that they have it.

For this kind of evidence HMRC, the National Crime Agency, the UK Financial Intelligence Unit etc, would all have to be involved. This would also involve which ever organisations we used for our accounts and auditing.

And yet there is no such evidence that any of these agencies and organisations are involved, even though government agencies leak like a sieve.

I do however expect the PL to find us guilty on non-compliance with the investigation though I doubt that will be on all 30 charges.
This is what I have been trying to get at and understand. You look at the wording of the clauses we have been charged with and it reads like something well above the PL pay grade. If they thought it was the case, surely this morning would have played out slightly differently, with CFG being raided by police rather than a statement on the PL website? Much like Juve were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.