PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I’m sticking to my original stance on this matter. It’s out and out racism, we were targeted from the minute we were taken over. The owners have been amazing, dragging the Premier League into the 21st century. The other teams have been forced to keep up with us.
In return we have been persecuted by the media, the Premier League and the big teams.
This will go on, we’ll just have to bear it. Sorry to be dramatic, but I am so sick of it.
mate, I dont agree, its purely financial

My view is the PL is a brand and a business. They're not going to relegate you because if they do they hurt their brand, sponsorship and income.

However this has seemingly come with government pressure to regulate the PL. So they have to be seen to do something. I'd imagine the worse case scenario is a transfer ban and a points deduction. A points deduction possibly hurts the brand as it is seen as unsporting though so less likely. However it depends, if they think a club with a bigger fanbase winning with City having a points deduction it may mean they put the points deduction in. It would also be a very hollow victory of City get more points and another team 'wins the league', so it seems unlikely in my view.

Knowing how much money is in football they're probably fishing for bribes and fines is my guess. This is likely a long drawn out case anyway and will be challenged in the high courts. So any punishment is unlikely to happen in the next 12 months. This apparently won't go to CAS like the UEFA case though because the PL is an independent regulator. So in that sense it is harder for City to win. This is just my reading this morning and afternoon and comes with as little bias as possible.

Having said all of this the PL haven't regulated FFP to date so doing so would be a U-turn from their MO.

I thought it would only be Fifa who could implement some form of transfer ban?

F**k it - I’m excited no matter what.

The case gets thrown out (probably) then we carry on dominating and it will just wind everyone else up even more.

If we are punished and relegated then I hope we are punished properly and sent to League 2. It’ll be fun.

At the end of the day, it’s just a game and we’ll still support City no matter what.

Now, who’s going to York away...?

You said the club is in the mud. That is hysterical and people here just want you to calm down.
Fair enough that was a bit dramatic you got me there! Was getting wound up by one of my Spurs friends and then todays news hit.

That is absolutely not true. We were exonorated. We were fined on a technicality of not co-operating.
which is exactly my point, even some of our own fans believe we got off on a technicality, simply because this blatant untruth has been allowed to grow and spread

This is what I have been trying to get at and understand. You look at the wording of the clauses we have been charged with and it reads like something well above the PL pay grade. If they thought it was the case, surely this morning would have played out slightly differently, with CFG being raided by police rather than a statement on the PL website? Much like Juve were.

Exactly. If what the PL is saying we did is true, serious financial fraud, then I would expect criminal charges.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.