PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Even those who surely must know the reason our case is taking longer than Everton's and the fact they are completely different in nature and scale (it must be fairly obvious even to the hard of thinking) could not resist the opportunity for another social meda City pile-on earlier today. If they're that bothered by the length of time it's they should take it up with their clubs who insisted that every conceivable charge was made against us.

Obviously we all hope we get cleared. If we do then it will be interesting to see what happens next. Khaldoon said in his end of season interview several months ago that he can’t say anything at the moment but he will when the time is right, and that he is angry about it. Of course, that could be bravado on his part but I don’t think he plays stupid games like that. What he said indicated a couple of things to me:

1) That we are innocent and we will prevail
2) That there indeed has been collusion from certain other clubs in pressurising the PL to do something regardless of whether there’s any meaningful evidence or not, and those clubs should be worried going forwards. He’s said in the past that people talk and to that end it’s quite possible that we have evidence against certain other clubs. Pep name-checking Levy alludes to this.

I think we will prevail but I wouldn’t be surprised to see us found guilty and then Khaldoon do a end of season style interview broadcast by everyone in which he lays out our case which reading what’s on here would be a very strong argument. I think we would get a good hearing in the non sports press especially business press simply by stating with evidence that fact that the sheik / city / CFG are not the same as UAE companies that sponsor us. It makes what we are accused of especially given the checks in place if not impossible at least almost impossible to prove and not something that western companies would be accused of that’s not the same as we are innocent tho I believe we are.

Why the fuck would any genuine football fan take pleasure in another clubs fans being fucked over by owners.The only penalties imposed should be massive fines.
What happened to Luton was unforgivable.Once again commentators and law makers have forgotten without fans sorry customers football is nothing.
Luton ?

If we found guilty the whole board be locked up for fraudulent accounting for 5/6 years

If this ever became a criminal case, which it won't, imho. Which is why we won't be found guilty of fraudulent accounting. The PL aren't competent to determine criminality (Also, I doubt very much they have the evidence to prove that to any acceptable level of guilt, but that isn't the point I am trying to make).

There is a reason why, for example, Barcelona aren't being punished for allegedly bribing referees despite the severe consequences in the sporting arena. The criminal case comes first and then the sporting sanctions follow.

Imagine the claims for damages if the PL find the club guilty of criminality, the club loses hundreds of millions in revenue as a result, not to mention reputational damage to the club and the individuals involved, and then the SFO, for example, doesn't pursue the case for lack of evidence, or pursues the case and finds the club not guilty.

Not going to happen, imho.

And all that is left of the charges after that, are some missing disclosure requirements to the PL over a small number of issues. Once again, I find it hard to see what the PL are really trying to achieve. It seems to me it's a lose/lose situation for them at the moment. All imho, of course, and may all be bollocks. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.