PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I actually felt that about the ESL. In a way I almost wanted it to happen so I could finally sever ties with it all.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to completely sever ties. I'll always support and follow City. But I'm going to make this my last season of indulging so much of my pent up energy on games of football. At the moment I only get to see my girlfriend at weekends, I'm done potentially dragging my weekends with her down because of football. Cliche as it sounds, time is too fucking precious. Another poster nailed it earlier; I'm a City fan because of my Dad; when I head back up to Manchester we make it an occasion to watch the games together. The day he goes(which touch wood isn't going to be for a long time) is the day it just won't feel the same. Nothing lasts forever. Football is about memories, and I feel I've enough in the bank to take with me now and comfortably leave all those feelings of angst, euphoria and bitter comedowns behind, to make way for passive interest.

This is all for just Section 1 of the PL Statement

(a) for Season 2009/10, Premier League Rules B.13, C.71, C.72, C.75 (amended to C.79 from 10 September 2009 for the remainder of Season 2009/10) and C.80;
Rule B.13 relates to City having acted towards the league and other clubs “in the utmost good faith”. It will be referenced again in the statement’s later sections.

Rules C.71 and C.72 relate to the submission of City’s accounts (to the registrar of companies), while C.75 is regarding their projected profit and loss accounts in their application for a UEFA club licence to play European football. Premier League clubs are obligated to submit their accounts for auditing every year.

Rule C.80, meanwhile, refers to City’s provision of tickets to visiting clubs to their stadium (then-named City of Manchester Stadium, now called the Etihad Stadium).

(b) for Season 2010/11, Premier League Rules B.13, C.78, C.79, C.86 and C.87;
Rules C.78 and C.79 again refer to the club’s accounts from the previous financial year, specifically to their profit and loss report and revenue streams.

Rules C.86 and C.87 relate to their “future financial information”, also including profit and loss accounts, as well as cash flows and balance sheets.

(c) for Season 2011/12, Premier League Rules B.13, E.3, 4, E.11 and E.12;
Section E of the Premier League rulebook for the 2011-12 season refers to the rules regarding fixtures — from 2012-13 onwards, they instead refer to club accounts and finances, as detailed below.

(d) for Season 2012/13, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11 and E.12;
Rules E.3 and E.4 relate to the submission of the club’s most recent annual accounts, including a balance sheet, a breakdown of profit and loss and revenue streams.

Rules E.11 and E.12, meanwhile, refer to the club’s financial projections, again including profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheets.

(e) for Season 2013/14, Premier League Rules 15, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.49;
Rule E.49 states that a club must inform the Premier League if any of their accounts or financial projections are likely to change, adversely or otherwise, from their previous statements.
(f) for Season 2014/15, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
Rule E.50 is the same as Rule E.49 above.
(g) for Season 2015/16, Premier League Rules 16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.50;
Same as above
(h) for Season 2016/17, Premier League Rules16, E.3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51; and
Rule E.51 is the same as Rules E.50 and E.49 above.
(i) for Season 2017/18, Premier League Rules B.16, 3, E.4, E.11, E.12 and E.51.
Rule B.16 again refers to acting in “the utmost good faith” in matters between City, the Premier League and other clubs.
There doesn't appear to be anything above 30 in section C, can't see C80 about away fans chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://resources.premierleague.com/premierleague/document/2022/07/19/40085fed-1e9e-4c33-9f14-0bcf57857da2/PL_Handbook_2022-23_DIGITAL_18.07.pdf

I have just spoken to a friend inside CFG.

They aren't worried, and neither should we be.

There are no surprises. Khaldoon will burn down the entire Premier League house if it comes to it.
What would/could the club actually do to the PL, besides hopefully beating the charges? I don’t think that belligerent fighting talk adds anything more than the club public statement in terms of actual substance.

I just find it very coincidental how this has all been announced on the same day that they have announced that their won't be independent regulators in football.

I feel as though we have been thrown out to the wolves by the premier league so they can deflect attention from their decision and take the heat off themselves.

The premier league will never want independent regulators because it would mean money is to be distributed down the football pyramid to the EFL.

They don't want that do they? The premier league is the real money maker for them. We have all seen before they will make no attempt to stop the lower league clubs going bust. At a time, they were more concerned on premier league clubs coming together to distribute 6m quid payout for ex Premier league chief Richard Scudamore when he retired than they are saving clubs like Bury from liquidating.

Shambles.
Thrown out to the Wolves.

And the Burnley, the Leicester, the Newcastle. And the Spurs, the Chelsea, the arsenal, united and liverpool.

We should inform them we intend to sue for defamation, loss of revenue and restrictions of trade if found innocent - a fight to the death this. Give them something to worry about too.
I can't help but agree... but, when has the current regime ever acted in a (understandably) aggressive manner towards any of this kind of bollocks? Answer... never... they're still acting like they don't want to rock the boat.

I wonder what would actions the club would take now if there was an illegal action against us in the same vein as the stealing of our scouting data by the candle waving blameless ones. Sadly I feel it wouldn't be too different to what happened last time - when we should have ensured the next league season that shower of shite started was in the Northern Counties.

Last edited:
Lol. Let's not overstate Khaldoons ability to save the day here. City previously have been a soft touch and will continue to be so. We got off with it against UEFA simply through technicalities not because we were innocent. The PL don't drop a bomb of this magnitude unless they are sure a worthwhile portion of it is going to do some damage. Plain and simple we're screwed this time. The question is how painful is our punishment going to be. Sad to say our trophies over the last 10 years will forever be tainted.
What a load of utter shite.

You really think Newcastle ain’t in there sights ??????
Anyone and I mean anyone that gets in the way of the Rags and the Victims will suddenly become targets ............I said ages ago that what’s going on over the past 15 or so years with City is to what lies in store for the Geordies .......... honestly should Newcastle start winning leagues then you watch the media turn on them .......... honestly the media in this country are a joke
The media are an utter fuc£ing disgrace, is what you mean!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.