PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I hope the Premier League have deep pockets. It looks like a fishing expedition on a grand scale to me.
The best hope for them is non cooperation Into an investigation and that will fail in the UK courts as they will ask what evidence the PL has and hearsay doesn't count nor do stollen and tampered documents (see Der Speigel).

Last edited:
That is absolutely not true. We were exonorated. We were fined on a technicality of not co-operating.

And as I understood it — I may have got it wrong — was that UEFA basically came to us and said “You are guilty. And now you're going to collect the evidence to help us prove what we have decided in advance. ” Quite rightly, City's position rested on the presumption of innocence that holds in Anglo-American jurisprudence. They said, in effect, “You cannot actually give the verdict and work backwards from that. Why should we cooperate if you've already made up your minds?”
I don't know if this is the same scenario, but if it is, there is no reason why City's position should change.

PL investigation includes
* failing to control their final position in the league
* inventing a player subsequently named Glauber Berti and using wages to pay others
* failing to adhere to minimum pie fillings to crust ratio
* illegal postage and packing rates at online shop.
* failing to disclose away attendance at York
* falsifying home attendances by up to 45k per game
Don't forget the great barm vs muffin debate which I still don't understand and I believe has yet to be resolved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.