PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The weird thing about this process is that as far as anyone knows all 115 charges are still on the table. You'd think that there would some sort of update stating that X number have been resolved / dismissed but instead it seems like we won't know anything further until the final outcome is revealed. Even in a court case involving multiple charges very often several are not proceeded with whilst the trial is ongoing.

I don’t think we will hear anything except a heads up from when it is going to a hearing. Think it was put in the public domain in the summer for Everton that they would have their hearing in October. We know it’s taken place and we should expect a verdict this month, I would assume that would be the protocol for City. However we were charged before Everton and haven’t heard anything since, if this was so clear cut considering they have been sat on this investigation since February 2020, surely for the sporting integrity for the premier league they should have proceeded sooner. City have won the competition three times since then.

My, perhaps irrational, fear is that this case has taken so long to come to fruition that the panel will be under pressure to punish City just so the whole thing doesn’t look like it’s been one big waste of time.

I‘d take a fine and a 5 points point deduction now just to get it out of the way even if I think we are completely innocent.

Sounds stupid but it’s my gut feel.

Totally see your point but, respectfully disagree. The burden of proof for the FA is such that unless they can prove fraud at the heart of some of our sponsors they are on very dodgy ground. They have pointed the finger without really understanding the scale of the accusations. We should do what we are doing - sit tight and refuse to budge an inch - the Premier League are the ones with the problem - we don’t need to prove our innocence at this stage they need to present a case against us and short of accusations and an orchestrated trial by media - the PL have nothing. I still retain some hope that the whole case against us will collapse and the PL will seek to make Masters the fall guy but, that won’t wash and this may well become the smoking gun for an independent regulator - and with it renewed threats of a break away by the red shirts.

I swear miguel delaney keeps bumping this up with his aliases on here.
You got me bang to rights GT.

These "115 charges" are a total myth. As I've said, from what we know (which admittedly isn't complete by any means) there are three substantive charges.
  • The Mancini Al Jazira contract, which is a total red herring and irrelevance.
  • The image rights payments via a third party, which UEFA knew (& weren't bothered) about.
  • Some of the sponsorships, probably Etisalat mainly, that was done ore-FFP and that we showed UEFA had been done properly in order to meet FFP when it was introduced.
That's it seemingly. All the rest either flow from that or come from each of these being split over multiple rules and multiple years. So, to take the Mancini contract as an example, it's almost inconceivable that it breached Rule x one year but not the next. Or that it breached Rule x but not Rule y.

I think it might be taking so long because they've got next to fuck all that will stand.
I wouldn't be surprised if they are seeing if we will "settle out of court" with a slap on the wrist type outcome.

Fuck that,we've done that dance before.

I would be astonished if that happened. Given that the media has convinced probably 90% of football supporters in this country that we’re guilty without a judge even taking his wig out of the drawer, the manufactured outrage, should any out of court settlement be considered for even a second, would be off the scale and would damage the PL irrevocably….. and I don’t think it would do us any favours either.
We’re way past any form of settlement or deal IMO. This is a fight to the death between us and the American owned, red shirt clubs. As long as the tribunal isn’t a rubber stamping exercise on behalf of the PL, which is my only enduring fear, we should be ok

Last edited:
I would be astonished if that happened. Given that the media has convinced probably 90% of football supporters in this country that we’re guilty without a judge even taking his wig out of the drawer, the manufactured outrage, should any out of court settlement be considered for even a second, would be off the scale and would damage the PL irrevocably, and I don’t think it would do us any favours either.
We’re way past any form or settlement or deal IMO. This is a fight to death between us and the American owned, red shirt clubs. As long as the tribunal isn’t a rubber stamping exercise on behalf of the PL, which is my only enduring fear, we should be ok
Yeah I know.
Hence my last line.

I would be astonished if that happened. Given that the media has convinced probably 90% of football supporters in this country that we’re guilty without a judge even taking his wig out of the drawer, the manufactured outrage, should any out of court settlement be considered for even a second, would be off the scale and would damage the PL irrevocably, and I don’t think it would do us any favours either.
We’re way past any form or settlement or deal IMO. This is a fight to death between us and the American owned, red shirt clubs. As long as the tribunal isn’t a rubber stamping exercise on behalf of the PL, which is my enduring fear, we should be ok

Uefa did this to City, wanted us banned from their competition for two years. The whole world were convinced we were going to be nailed to a wall and that morning in July 2020 when the CAS gave their verdict and through out the ban was fantastic viewing seeing everyone who wanted us punished fall back under their rocks. The guy from Sky sports news reporting on the other side of the road from the ground looked like someone had just shagged his wife and ran over his dog.

It was no coincidence after that the attempt to form a super league happened 10 months after that and fell flat on its face. We need to take perspective and remember what all this about, it ain’t about sporting integrity in the premier league. It’s about it’s red shirted members getting a leg up cos the way they run their clubs are crap. Uefa are still alive after trying to fuck us other and seal better relationships with the club. Perhaps the Premier League needs to start doing this with City too.

My, perhaps irrational, fear is that this case has taken so long to come to fruition that the panel will be under pressure to punish City just so the whole thing doesn’t look like it’s been one big waste of time.

I‘d take a fine and a 5 points point deduction now just to get it out of the way even if I think we are completely innocent.

Sounds stupid but it’s my gut feel.
No way!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.