PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Yes, we do. But we will never get the acclaim and praise that the best football team and the best manager in the history of the Premier League warrant and deserve. I know a lot of people will say 'so what - who gives a fuck'?
But as we all know, if this team was one of the red-shirted American-owned clubs they would be revered and
admired by the media on a level that has never been seen before. But I agree. The trophies do help :-)
Had Pep & the team got the plaudits they deserve, IMHO Pep would be long gone.

Winning just brings out their bitterness & makes it all the sweeter

As a Newcastle fan these new rules they're* trying to push through are hilarious and so fucking transparent. We've abided by FFP, we've got a stack of new 'fair market value' commercial deals, and now here's some new hurdles. The established cartel are bricking it that we'll usurp them.

We can't loan a player from the Saudi league, but literally every other club in the league can? That seems totally fair. Will it stop Chelsea hoovering up young players from their feeder clubs, or Man Utd, or Liverpool? Course it won't.

We can't get a sponsor unless we've got similarly valued bids from other companies? Has that been the case for Man Utd's official tractor partner? Were there multiple tractor companies all offering up partnership deals for the same price? Was there shite.

We've not spent anything like the money Chelsea and Man Utd have, and yet we're still above them, still playing better football, still fielding the likes of Jamall Lascelles and Jacob fucking Murphy. This is all because they're scared their time at the top is coming to an end, they're trying to pull the drawbridge up behind them.

*by "they" I mean Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs.

I wasn’t keen on your work in Marillion but you’ve come on leaps and bounds of late.

This is only the start, wait until they begin ruffling Bayerns feathers
Still not had the endless negative press and crazy officiating decisions yet and who can forget the endless booing of individual players just because they had the audacity to join us.

Then comes the smearing, forcing charges that are nothing more than jumped up bollox that allow the media to further denigrate the club and push tensions further with opposition fans.

I'd just like to point out that being the pre-eminent club not just in England but globally, smashing record after record and with trophies being won on an industrial scale will tend to prompt a certain amount of vitriol from fans of rival clubs.

If it wasn't the charges, our owner, being gifted a 'council house' or whatever it would be something else. Rejoice in their bitterness, mock their impotence or just don't give a rat's arse what they think or say. The same applies to the media. There is a fair larger total of non-City fans than our total support so it's just a case of what produces the most clicks.

As Oscar Wilde famously said 'There is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is not being talked about'

There are plenty of other companies who want to sponsor sport!'

The best way to ensure sport's future in the current climate crisis is to cut all ties with fossil fuel sponsors as soon as possible, says @Davidsgoldblatt.

A new front for attacking us is starting. He mentioned Gazprom (fair enough) but only one club by name!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.