PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It’s all here in this link, surprised it’s not been thrown down the memory hole tbh

Ta mate appreciated:)

Today's The Guardian Sport Section has a very details description how the whole process and the panel are working, both on Everton's case and in general. What really troubles me is the 'balance of probability' clause as the cut-off point for the panel to make a decision.
Me too mate. But I think it works both ways, on the one hand they can punish us on circumstantial evidence I.e. what they have fished out of the Der Spiegel hacked trove on the ‘balance of probability’, on the other hand can they hand out a really severe punishment on the basis of the same circumstantial evidence? Would that be an egregious overreach? I think it would be and would cause a huge legal shitstorm. No doubt they want us out of the league, ideally shut down. But that’s easier said than done. With Everton, Chelsea and City in their sights and the question around Newcastle’s ownership still up their sleeve, they could force a split. Why should so called lesser clubs simply accept their place as make weights for the red cartel? The same cartel who want to abolish parachute payments for relegated clubs via their EFL plant Rick Parry.

A good time to repost this

Manchester City FC is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with.

The Club welcomes the review of this matter by an independent Commission, to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence that exists in support of its position.

As such we look forward to this matter being put to rest once and for all.

Currently , today I'm not mithered. I just want them to bring a conclusion to it. I'm annoyed at our club for not defending this more publicly, I'm annoyed that the only pov on this is currently being given by our opposition fanbases and pundits, reporters. Relatively nothing from City podcasts, City media accounts.

Really disappointed if this goes on and on then we're found guilty. That will really piss me off with the club tbh. But that's what makes me think our club know this isn't going to result in any charges.
Never interrupt your enemy whilst he’s making a mistake.

He’s worked for tonnes of clients and who he supports won’t come into it.

Reviews on blackstone

“It’s a joy if you are on the same side, a concern if you are on the other”

“A fearsome, authoritative intellect”
“He is the most brilliant advocate at the bar”
“He is a star of law and is very focused on winning points”

Yeah yeah but less about @gordondaviesmoustache what about this Pannick kid?

I don't know if you bothered to read how it works, the whole panel is the judge, the jury (and the executioner.) But that clause is really worrisome for me. They do not need to find us guilty or caught red-handed on any single charge, just to have a hunch we are guilty WE ARE DONE!
And the geezer who picked the panel to find make judgement had also picked the appeal panel. From the same pool of 'the experts'. Just to think somebody thought this out without any questions asked is insane. Unbelievable Jeff!
It’s not worth worrying about. What will be will be.

The balance of probability (51%+) is a lower bar than in a court where it’s beyond reasonable doubt. Hence Terry got a ban, but not a criminal record.

It’s not a dissimilar process to CAS. We just have to wait for the decision.

I dont know why would they. But why have you reframed what I was saying into something ridiculous? Well done on wining the talking? whatever.
But what would your criteria be for releasing a statement if you think no marks chatting shit is ridiculous. That's all that is happening at the moment and you want a new statement?

They're not interested in the truth they WANT us to be guilty and they want to tarnish the trophies so they feel less eaten up about it. It's like showing a racist some facts about immigration, or whatever, they won't change their opinion and say oh yeah, fair enough I was wrong, they'll go nah mate not interested, fake news, etc etc
So true. It makes them feel better about their own clubs failings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.