PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You can spend a shit load of money and get even worse results and fewer points. We know some clubs who have done that.You cannot correlate the two. If a club breached f.f.p. how do you prove that so called unfair advantage led to more points and they should have been relegated instead..
A question for VAR?

Me too mate. But I think it works both ways, on the one hand they can punish us on circumstantial evidence I.e. what they have fished out of the Der Spiegel hacked trove on the ‘balance of probability’, on the other hand can they hand out a really severe punishment on the basis of the same circumstantial evidence? Would that be an egregious overreach? I think it would be and would cause a huge legal shitstorm. No doubt they want us out of the league, ideally shut down. But that’s easier said than done. With Everton, Chelsea and City in their sights and the question around Newcastle’s ownership still up their sleeve, they could force a split. Why should so called lesser clubs simply accept their place as make weights for the red cartel? The same cartel who want to abolish parachute payments for relegated clubs via their EFL plant Rick Parry.
I understand that, but there is the whole appeal process, which in the end might end up at some sort oof court of appeal. I read that bloody article several times, there is no independent appeal body, there is bloody nothing smelling of independent process. We'll end up appealing to the very same people picked by somebody, who happened also to pick those who might have found find us guilty, and to laugh at all that, those considering our appeal might be the same ones having found Everton guilty. Comrade Xi would not come with this framework.

Is it like this? Fix it for me if needed.

An analogy.

Jimmy went to a Spar on 3 occasions about 10 years and ago, and walked out of the shop, each time, with a bag of maltesers in his pocket.

Hes been charged with shoplifting. But, for some reason, hes been charged not once, for the alledged crime, not 3 times for each occasion, but 114 times for each individual malteser.

Now, Jimmy did no wrong and as it so happens he can show you the receipts of payment for all 3 trips. No crime has been commited and Spar quickly confirmed that they have absolutely no complaint. But, charge 115 is revealed to be non cooperation with his accuser. Is Jimmy's non cooperation at least understandable, if...

A) inspection of the 3rd receipt reveals he also purchased a couple of particularly nice bottles of single malt and believes his accuser will portray him, widely, as some kind of degenerate alcoholic

B) as he was feeling especially perky that day, on the 2nd visit, you may spot that he took down a couple of top shelf titles, and yunno what, that's a simple matter of privacy.

C) also demonstrably done nothing wrong at any point?
Was this Jimmy Saville buying sweets for kids?

The one thing that's just occurred to me is Everton's points deduction being applied straight away.

If they applied a points deduction to City before an appeal, do we appear in the CL the following season before the appeal's been heard like with UEFA/CAS, or are we removed from the CL immediately?

It's now making total sense why the PL did what they did to Everton. They've set a precedent by their actions yesterday, which could deny us a CL spot irrespective of the ultimate conclusion of an appeals hearing.

If I was City, I'd be telling the PL if they try that immediate sanction stunt, we'll sue the fuck out of them for loss of earnings.
If they appeal are they not reinstated until,the appeal is heard.
Ballydoyle went to the high court to allow mick kinane to ride in the King george back in the day even though he was banned and the appeal failed.

Do the Premier League regulations allow for an appeal?

Whether they do or do not, if they should reach an incorrect decision and fly in the face of the burden of proof principles, I imagine City’s lawyers will attempt to resort to the courts. I am not not qualified to say if they would succeed in going down that route. I’d anticipate them winning if the route was open. But I’m an accountant not a lawyer.
We can appeal to an independent panel of their choosing.

We can only go to court if there are serious failings with the hearing process, but not over the evidence, facts or decisions reached.

HOWEVER, it seems the government are on it, as there have been calls today to hurry up with the creation of an independent football regulator, & sort the mess out.

Reactions: OB1
The one thing that's just occurred to me is Everton's points deduction being applied straight away.

If they applied a points deduction to City before an appeal, do we appear in the CL the following season before the appeal's been heard like with UEFA/CAS, or are we removed from the CL immediately?

It's now making total sense why the PL did what they did to Everton. They've set a precedent by their actions yesterday, which could deny us a CL spot irrespective of the ultimate conclusion of an appeals hearing.

If I was City, I'd be telling the PL if they try that immediate sanction stunt, we'll sue the fuck out of them for loss of earnings.
but they got to get rags in champions league some how

How can you be annoyed at the club for not defending this more publicly? If you are facing charges like City are, you simply do not say much before the case has concluded.

City are behaving in exactly the right way. I am sure that they have been very careful to keep their powder dry and hopefully they will deliver to the commission the irrefutable evidence they have said they have.
Spot on OB. I dare say City have already submitted their evidence on paper and maybe that’s why those that matter - the PL and City (as opposed to the media and internet self proclaimed experts) have deafened us with their silence albeit maybe for different reasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.