PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

How can you be annoyed at the club for not defending this more publicly? If you are facing charges like City are, you simply do not say much before the case has concluded.

City are behaving in exactly the right way. I am sure that they have been very careful to keep their powder dry and hopefully they will deliver to the commission the irrefutable evidence they have said they have.
I remember in the court of small claims someone whose contract was terminated because he had been off work for a long time had, his employers claimed, been paid too much as severance pay. He was told by the magistrate that the onus of proof was not upon him but on his ex-employers to prove an over payment. EVEN IF HE TOOK NO PART IN THE PROCEEDINGS he would win the case if his employer could not prove this. His employer claimed they had confirmed agreement to a much lower sum than that paid in a letter sent to him. He believed he had only received what he had agreed over the 'phone. His sole contribution was to say he had not received this letter. As the employer had no proof of delivery THE BALANCE OF PROBABILITIES was that he had not received the letter and he did not have to repay a penny There are times when silence is golden and City know when as well as anyone.

I understand that, but there is the whole appeal process, which in the end might end up at some sort oof court of appeal. I read that bloody article several times, there is no independent appeal body, there is bloody nothing smelling of independent process. We'll end up appealing to the very same people picked by somebody, who happened also to pick those who might have found find us guilty, and to laugh at all that, those considering our appeal might be the same ones having found Everton guilty. Comrade Xi would not come with this framework.
100%. The PL pick the adjudicating panel, then the PL pick the appeals panel.

Independence Putin style... 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ

I understand that, but there is the whole appeal process, which in the end might end up at some sort oof court of appeal. I read that bloody article several times, there is no independent appeal body, there is bloody nothing smelling of independent process. We'll end up appealing to the very same people picked by somebody, who happened also to pick those who might have found find us guilty, and to laugh at all that, those considering our appeal might be the same ones having found Everton guilty. Comrade Xi would not come with this framework.
Given that there is no right of appeal, maybe one of the first actions of an independent regulator would be to comprise a code of conduct and rules that the Premier league would be forced to adopt or comply with, including a right of appeal to that regulator.
The whole point of a regulator is to regulate the industry, in this case football.

The non co operation part gets me thinking, I am assuming by non co operating they mean we failed to hand over financial records to the PL, now assume we are found not guilty of any of the other charges, surely this strengthens our argument to not provide the information requested,

If they appeal are they not reinstated until,the appeal is heard.
Ballydoyle went to the high court to allow mick kinane to ride in the King george back in the day even though he was banned and the appeal failed.
No. Everton lost their points immediately, regardless of a pending appeal.

If Everton do appeal & the points deduction remains until the outcome, it becomes abundantly clear what the PL insidious plan is for City.

Throw the book at us, & we're out of the CL for a season or two because of the initial sanction, & until the appeal is heard.

Either way, I now see a potential way for them to seriously affect us even if the charges don't stick.

The PL's strategy will become clear if as expected Everton appeal.

The non co operation part gets me thinking, I am assuming by non co operating they mean we failed to hand over financial records to the PL, now assume we are found not guilty of any of the other charges, surely this strengthens our argument to not provide the information requested,
See where you are coming from but they could thensay that if we had cooperated in the first place it would have saved the time and expense of the proceedings.
who knows!?

No. Everton lost their points immediately, regardless of a pending appeal.

If Everton do appeal & the points deduction remains until the outcome, it becomes abundantly clear what the PL insidious plan is for City.

Throw the book at us, & we're out of the CL for a season or two because of the initial sanction, & until the appeal is heard.

Either way, I now see a potential way for them to seriously affect us even if the charges don't stick.

The PL's strategy will become clear if as expected Everton appeal.

They’re laying ground work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.