PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Currently , today I'm not mithered. I just want them to bring a conclusion to it. I'm annoyed at our club for not defending this more publicly, I'm annoyed that the only pov on this is currently being given by our opposition fanbases and pundits, reporters. Relatively nothing from City podcasts, City media accounts.

Really disappointed if this goes on and on then we're found guilty. That will really piss me off with the club tbh. But that's what makes me think our club know this isn't going to result in any charges.

How can you be annoyed at the club for not defending this more publicly? If you are facing charges like City are, you simply do not say much before the case has concluded.

City are behaving in exactly the right way. I am sure that they have been very careful to keep their powder dry and hopefully they will deliver to the commission the irrefutable evidence they have said they have.

I honestly haven't worried one jot about this or the UEFA case, although the initial decision from UEFA was a bit of a WTAF moment.
I have been a blue since I was first introduced to our fantastic club and fans in 1962.
No matter what happens they can't take one moment of that away from me.
CTID

Oh I wondered where this plastic scouser had gone. Chief journalist for sly sports.

When Covid was at its height and games were being postponed due to players having the virus the general tone of the club on the end of any postponement was “we wish everyone at clubX a speedy recovery, stay safe”. Everton were the only club to “demand full disclosure of the facts “ behind our postponement of their game.
Melissa should have pointed out how crass and classless they are.

Absolutely. City have insisted without wavering that we have broken no regulations, infringed no laws and did comply with UEFA regulations back in 2013 until UEFA moved to entrapment and City took the pinch. Any objective consideration of the personalities involved shows that Sheikh Mansour, Khaldoon and Ferran Soriano are respected internationally as businessmen with a record of long term investment and development. In no way do they have the profile of fraudsters. In every way the contrast with the miser Levy, with the seedy bunch at FSG and the dodgy Glazers is clear. Everywhere the scrupulous concern for propriety at City is at the opposite pole to the ruthless selfishness of corporate America. City MUST prevail, the hold of a bunch of clubs on English football MUST be broken and football MUST be allowed the investment it so needs. Having said all this I do retain my faith in our law, and I do believe the commission will be independent and it will find totally in City's favour. If it is perverse I do believe an appeal to the courts will be received and they will find in our favour.

Do the Premier League regulations allow for an appeal?

Whether they do or do not, if they should reach an incorrect decision and fly in the face of the burden of proof principles, I imagine City’s lawyers will attempt to resort to the courts. I am not not qualified to say if they would succeed in going down that route. I’d anticipate them winning if the route was open. But I’m an accountant not a lawyer.

Currently , today I'm not mithered. I just want them to bring a conclusion to it. I'm annoyed at our club for not defending this more publicly, I'm annoyed that the only pov on this is currently being given by our opposition fanbases and pundits, reporters. Relatively nothing from City podcasts, City media accounts.

Really disappointed if this goes on and on then we're found guilty. That will really piss me off with the club tbh. But that's what makes me think our club know this isn't going to result in any charges.
TBF, I think the Club’s position on this is, and always has been, perfectly clear and was restated again as recently as this week in the annual report. The league has brought its charges and the Club has refuted them. Now we have to wait for the lawyers and the Tribunal to do their jobs. Id prefer this to be sooner rather than later but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

How can you be annoyed at the club for not defending this more publicly? If you are facing charges like City are, you simply do not say much before the case has concluded.

City are behaving in exactly the right way. I am sure that they have been very careful to keep their powder dry and hopefully they will deliver to the commission the irrefutable evidence they have said they have.
I think some people mistake City for Donald Trump.

We don’t counter-sue anyone taking us to court and we don’t ban journalists from our ground. (Roan aside)

We don’t drain the swamp, we just win there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.