PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The everton ruling couldnt have less to do with our case and i dont know how many times it has been said on here or the fact that the red media are trying to link the case.

Everton failed ffp, it wasnt a question, the numbers were there and they openly admitted that to be the case, there was mitigating circumstances but the numbers are the numbers and that's why they got done.

What we are being accused of is fraudulent accounting, the numbers arent there and the pl have to produce solid evidence that this was the case, as of yet all they have done is produce speculative and spurious evidence which combined with the frothing red media and its appeal to idiot fans has built it into something that it clearly isnt. If they had compelling evidence to suggest fraudulent accounting this would be a criminal not a civil case and the fact that they have yet to produce anything of the sort will tell you that this is nothing more than a fishing expedition designed by the pl to suggest they can keep their own house in order so the independent regulators dont take their toys away because when and if that happens their will be alot of people with alot of skeletons absolutely terrified.
excellent post

The everton ruling couldnt have less to do with our case and i dont know how many times it has been said on here or the fact that the red media are trying to link the case.

Everton failed ffp, it wasnt a question, the numbers were there and they openly admitted that to be the case, there was mitigating circumstances but the numbers are the numbers and that's why they got done.

What we are being accused of is fraudulent accounting, the numbers arent there and the pl have to produce solid evidence that this was the case, as of yet all they have done is produce speculative and spurious evidence which combined with the frothing red media and its appeal to idiot fans has built it into something that it clearly isnt. If they had compelling evidence to suggest fraudulent accounting this would be a criminal not a civil case and the fact that they have yet to produce anything of the sort will tell you that this is nothing more than a fishing expedition designed by the pl to suggest they can keep their own house in order so the independent regulators dont take their toys away because when and if that happens their will be alot of people with alot of skeletons absolutely terrified.
How do you know this? They must have something to build their case on. What bothers me after the current media speculation is that the PL can’t afford the embarrassment of us being cleared & in this stinking corrupt world of football, it’s the ones in charge that rule. Money talks & we’re not that sort of underhand club that passes brown envelopes, like for example, Chelski & I fear our niceness will be our downfall.

It's not lost on me that after UEFA stiffed is in 2013, within 12 months the heads of UEFA & FIFA were arrested for corruption.

You don't fuck about with Royalty who have the President of America & the PM & head of state of the UK & other world leaders on speed dial.

Football maybe our multi-Billion pound national sport, but big money investment talks. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

This investigation if the Premier League gets what it wants basically brands Mansour a criminal, it’s a high bar they have to reach to prove that. He will be doing everything in his power to protect his investment, if we have to lawyer up and tie the Premier League in knots for years so be it.

Everton produced 28,000 documents for ONE charge and it took the Premier league six months to come to the conclusion they were culpable , and this was after Everton admitted their FFP issues and were simply trying to plea for a lenient punishment
We have 115 charges , deny every one of them and have the best legal team on the planet , absolutely no chance this is coming to a conclusion in the next five years , unless the Premier league come to a decision stating "beyond reasonable doubt" or simllar to appease the 'istree clubs , then i believe we will be able to challenge their decision making process outside the Premier league's remit , i.e. the law courts.
Imagine if they did relegate us and we won in the law courts the amount of compensation they would have to pay , it would be billions , they might be tough with Everton & Chelsea who have both held their hands up and admitted irregularities ,but will they take the risk of taking on the Abu Dhabi Royal Family and calling them liars , can the UK government stand by and lose billions of UK investment over a football issue , there is a far bigger picture here than football.

Last edited:
PB has summarised earlier in the thread and it literally boils down to just 3 substantive charges.

All of which were laughed out of the pub by CAS.

There is absolutely nothing to be worried about and fuck all will come if it.
It’s such a huge accusation that it’s unlikely the PL won’t find a way to make some of it stick.
The publicity now is serious & the PL decide which rules they are going to use against certain clubs - & which clubs are untouchable

Don’t know why, but today I feel we’ve been done & the only way we have a chance is if a truly independent regulator is appointed quickly.

Anyone who substantively conflates City and Everton is either thick, dishonest or possibly both. They bear absolutely no relation to each other, save arguably for the severity of the punishment, which can only be founded upon a finding of guilt against City.

Like you say, this is a fishing expedition where the punishment is the charges themselves. What we have been accused of is preposterous and needs to be supported by hard evidence of which there will be none.

Here`s a radical idea let’s have a complete look at the financial business of every team that`s been in the Premier League for the last 10 years.
Now that would be fair & very interesting - but so not likely to happen. The PL have invested 4 years of time, personnel, & funds to get us - despite this leaving no resources to help other clubs who were struggling. They weren’t interested in helping other clubs in terms of ownership etc - they just had their sights on us.

How do you know this? They must have something to build their case on. What bothers me after the current media speculation is that the PL can’t afford the embarrassment of us being cleared & in this stinking corrupt world of football, it’s the ones in charge that rule. Money talks & we’re not that sort of underhand club that passes brown envelopes, like for example, Chelski & I fear our niceness will be our downfall.
"I fear our niceness will be our downfall." Speak softly and carry a big stick. People tend to equate being nice to being a mug. Being nice is a life choice, it doesn't necessarily make you an easy target.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.