PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

True, but I think that the fact that the charges go back to 2009 is an indication that Mancini’s contract is one of the things that’s being looked at, given that 2009 is the year he was appointed.

What makes me laugh is why haven’t they gone back further to 2007 and 2008 when Shinawatra owned the club? Are they trying to say that he was squeaky clean?!
ffs dont give them ideas

The Premier league are playing a blinder for the Rags & Dippers , the charges were brought to bring as much negative media attention to our club and they knew the Everton punishment would again bring all the negative spotlight back on our club.
Richard Masters and the Premier league are just the Rags & Dippers puppet , they dance to their tune and always have since the league's formation , if an independent regulator was formed maybe the decisions made will then be for the benefit all twenty clubs and not just the two who have run rough shod over every club for more than twenty five years.
The irony of Everton & Chelsea jumping on the bandwagon with the red 'istree clubs and originally voting for FFP has to be the best example of turkey's voting for Xmas , your reap what you sow

I said on this site about a year ago that us fans would be targeted

After spurs away early last season

It kicked off after the match due to stuff being said about oil cheats etc

And when it does kick off the press/media will claim it's nothing to do with them. After a decade of writing and talking crap making this become toxic the press/media have been stirring this hatred up. The scum press/media in this country will turn a blind eye and blame everyone but themselves.

I am beginning to wonder if I should stop wearing my City stuff, but at the moment fuck why should I hide.

I don't believe that's necessarily the case. Taking the image rights issue, this was discussed with UEFA when they became aware of it, who weren't happy with the arrangement but seem to have tacitly agreed that it wasn't actually illegal to do this in the way we did. We'd sold those rights to Fordham, which was a legitimate and recorded transaction.

To prove fraud, they'd have to show that we knowingly did something to deceive or misstate our accounts. Chelsea allegedly paying agents from offshore accounts would be fraud.
PB

At the time, the Fordham arrangement appeared complicated in the UEFA considerations to me - not necessarily because the arrangement was illegal, but because the club were accused of continuing to exploit some elements of player image rights after ‘selling‘ them? It didn’t seem to help that the Fordham identity was a little opaque.

We were of course heavily sanctioned with the fine and the imposition of the transfer ceiling etc. and the matter closed by UEFA till now.
Selling player image rights is widespread and has hit the courts before - Giovanni at Hull I recall

It’s been widely reported that HMRC established a special unit to look at image rights a while back and hundreds of players and many clubs remain under investigation.

If we are punished by the Prem for the image rights matter with points deductions etc. it is quite possible that we will be the first of multiple cases.

Maybe it’s a case of ‘this particular charge could be levelled at many clubs but let’s just bung it on the City charge sheet and see what happens.’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.