PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Stefan certainly doesn't think that the match up of the two respective legal teams is the equivalent of us playing Mansfield at home in the FA Cup.

“Acting for the Premier League” says it all, it’s like Barristers defending a murderer, they know they’re guilty but as long as their client doesn’t actually admit it they’ll come up with any old bollocks to get them off the charges.

I think the PL are going to charge us with something given all the time taken and the pressure to do so and that this is the end of the road, with no more right to appeal. Every club could be charged with something if you looked hard enough.It’s even possible that City have failed and had no idea they had such are the complexity and vagueness of FFP. Who knows?

I’ve no idea how bad it will be but City will have a feel for it and will have a plan for each eventuality.

I think there is only one way that we don’t get charged for anything significant (rightly or wrongly) and that involves political pressure on the Government from Abu Dhabi in terms of existing and future investment in the UK. If SM is going to be called a cheat for investing then it’s questionable whether that would continue you would think. I’ve no idea if this is a real possibility but City would have surely considered talking to people at a higher level than the PL. It’s also possible that an Independent regulator intervenes though it might be a little too late for that.

City seem very confident of victory particularly with Khaldoon stating that he will have a lot to say after the hearing that he can’t say now. This gives me hope but then everybody is publicly confident going into these things.

Had our emails not been hacked I don’t think any of this would have happened and I’m certain that every club has private information they want to keep to themselves.

In the end I’ll be glad when this is over if only so the cloud is gone. I will also try to remember that the rules themselves are the problem and not our interpretation.

Looking at the timescales involved, it is almost certain that the independent regulator will be in post before our case is heard. The reasons for the appointment of an independent regulator are because of a widely-held view that football is incapable of governing itself. This was fully endorsed by Tracey Crouch's findings. Football's failings include matters of a disciplinary nature and certain clubs being allowed to vet the appointment of the PL CEO. I attach significant weight to Suzanna Dinnage's comments about certain clubs exercising too much influence, hence her very short-lived tenure as PL CEO. With this in mind, I would fully expect City and any other club with an ongoing disciplinary matter to petition the regulator to have a full re-examination of the facts of their respective cases. I have a growing belief that the charges against City might not even reach an independent commission.
I hope you are right. What gives you this belief?

Classic case of ignoring the vast majority of the CAS ruling. The entire thread contains no evidence of anything.
A lot of assumptions made, based on the same evidence that CAS viewed and ultimately dismissed, and not because they were time-barred either. There surely *must* be more evidence that PL have got their hands on, out of the public scope, that they are going after City so hard. If we look at the Everton case as some kind of barometer, according to a clipping i saw from Stefan there were 28,000 documents of evidence used out of a total of 40,000 documents submitted to come to this conclusion. It's going to take time - but they must have more evidence to get through.

Swedish Ramble is a pretty knowledgeable guy but he's only going off what he can see, but completely misinterprets (IMO) certain aspects of the CAS ruling. One point he has made is that the hearing said we were clearly in breach of the 13/14 season, but we were already fined for that after reluctantly accepting the fine. CAS admit so in the hearing post brief, it was harsh to bring it into that case because they had already been punished for it - therefore City will probably say that it's not part of this ruling as far as they were concerned. The ruling strictly mentions City did not admit to anything, TSR specifically says we did by quoting the above 13/14 season. I think it's fair to say a punishment, if found guilty, will be HUGE. But to come to the conclusion that it is to 'be expected' that PL will be expelled from PL is jumping the gun.

True, but I think that the fact that the charges go back to 2009 is an indication that Mancini’s contract is one of the things that’s being looked at, given that 2009 is the year he was appointed.

What makes me laugh is why haven’t they gone back further to 2007 and 2008 when Shinawatra owned the club? Are they trying to say that he was squeaky clean?!
Before FFP came in?

with audits, there are genuinely bits missed when being done. When I worked in the Accountancy industry, the company I worked for partnered with an AI company called MindBridge.

It was crazy how much can be missed due to Human error.

I’ve been involved in audits from financial, safety, quality & it’s a snapshot & a way of ensuring compliance or at least reducing the risk of failure. What always happens after failure though is it gets tougher for everyone & normally themed around a high level failure.

I think the PL are going to charge us with something given all the time taken and the pressure to do so and that this is the end of the road, with no more right to appeal. Every club could be charged with something if you looked hard enough.It’s even possible that City have failed and had no idea they had such are the complexity and vagueness of FFP. Who knows?

I’ve no idea how bad it will be but City will have a feel for it and will have a plan for each eventuality.

I think there is only one way that we don’t get charged for anything significant (rightly or wrongly) and that involves political pressure on the Government from Abu Dhabi in terms of existing and future investment in the UK. If SM is going to be called a cheat for investing then it’s questionable whether that would continue you would think. I’ve no idea if this is a real possibility but City would have surely considered talking to people at a higher level than the PL. It’s also possible that an Independent regulator intervenes though it might be a little too late for that.

City seem very confident of victory particularly with Khaldoon stating that he will have a lot to say after the hearing that he can’t say now. This gives me hope but then everybody is publicly confident going into these things.

Had our emails not been hacked I don’t think any of this would have happened and I’m certain that every club has private information they want to keep to themselves.

In the end I’ll be glad when this is over if only so the cloud is gone. I will also try to remember that the rules themselves are the problem and not our interpretation.
Go to the other end of the trench, please .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.