PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I hope you are right. What gives you this belief?
It was explicitly mentioned in the King's Speech a couple of weeks ago and there is a cross-party consensus that this now needs to happen. Our case will not likely be heard for another twelve months at the earliest but I expect the regulator to be in post at some point during 2024.

Equally, Richard Masters did not come out of Westminster smelling of roses with many MPs distinctly unimpressed with his performance. I'm almost certain he will be the first casualty of the regulator. Whilst he is not necessarily the person driving the charges against us, he is the figurehead for the old regime and his position is compromised. I don't think City enjoy as good a relationship with him as they do with Ceferin at UEFA but there is, admittedly, some speculation on my part.

I imagine this shit will rumble on all week culminating in exclusive breaking news Saturday morning that we are being relegated and some bollocks about players leaving.

Big game Saturday perhaps? I do hope the players and Pep don’t pay too much attention to all this bollocks. Clear and obvious attempt to destabilise us.

Having an argument with one of my mates. I remember a few years back someone on here said that around the 80s (I think) the rags and maybe other clubs too were spending more than 100% of their revenue every year on wages. Is this true and is there a website with this info?
It’s true

I know that sponsors are not fussed about the accusations and consider everything to be business as usual. As do City.

The blue dippers are probably secretly pleased about this settlement. Enabled them to avoid relegation last season - so eat at the PL trough this season and will probably avoid relegation again. 10 point deduction will have an impact on this years prize money but it’s still a good outcome for them In the overall scheme of things. It also allows the media to portray poor old Everton as the victims and Nasty old oil rich city and the real pantomime villains….
The damage to our reputation has been done by the PL with the 115 charges - we CITY fans might know the detail and truth - but the average football fan is blinded by the 115 number. No smoke without fire and all that.

I was having a beer with a staunch Everton supporting mate last night who was bemoaning that the 10 point deduction will lead to then being sued for many £millions and therefore go into administration - which will lead to another 9 point deduction and therefore certain relegation

He is not anti-CITY - he hates the red shirts - but he was unusually pissed off with my answer to his question about how worried was I about the 115 charges and was I concerned that it would be multi league relegation. He did not remotely appreciate that these are different charges and would require our leaders to be found guilty of serious criminal offences to be proven.

The point I am making is that the PL approach of making 115 has done the damage already and there would have to be a resounding 'victory' by CITY - including some form of public admission from the PL - to make the outcome anything other than "we got away with it" in the eyes of the vast majority.

Last edited:
I know that sponsors are not fussed about the accusations and consider everything to be business as usual. As do City.

I've seen posts of this nature a few times. Business as usual - from the club, from the sponsors, from the team.

Not meaning this as a dig, but I don't believe that actually points to anything and I don't think we'd have expected anything else. Not negative, not positive. Until such time the allegations are heard and deemed proven or otherwise, then and only then are when things wouldn't be considered "business as usual" from club and sponsors.

They honestly believe if not for corrupt City, Spuds would have been in the CL in the years they didn't qualify.

Us not cheating to qualify would mean an extra CL space which Spuds think they'd have taken.

My cousin's actually blame their lack of success on City's success. 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ
When somebody wins, somebody else has to be the loser, lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.