PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

The PL have charged us.
The use of the word "charges" is misleading because the investigation by the PL is not a criminal one. They have accused us of breaching their own rules. The word charges keeps getting repeated by the media along with the phrase "not guilty" but it is not accurate. So far all that has happened is the PL have made a long list of unsubstaniated allegations without a scrap of evidence and have kicked the can down the road to a so-called independent panel. It is the same tactic used by UEFA who turned out to have virtually no evidence when it came down to it. It will be interesting to see if the PL have any evidence or are just trying to destroy us in the "court of public opinion" like UEFA.

Just watched this live, Stefan has a significant section in it.

Quite reassuring on the City stuff and it's almost alarming how little those outside the club know about the case, even in comparison to City fans for example.

Feels like all or bust. If we get found guilty it'll be serious but proving that seems extremely difficult.

Clarification:

Manchester City Football Club have been Charged by the Premier League with 115 Breaches of their FFP rules.

They've selected 3 members from their internal 6 member panel made up of legal professionals to preside over the tribunal.

At this point, I'm now not sure whether City have submitted any evidence or not.

Once the PL's panel have conducted the tribunal, they'll publish their findings on the PL's website.

At this point, City can either accept in part, or in whole the panels verdict, & submit an appeal.

Now I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty well sure this is actually our situation. We've all been assuming they've found us guilty, BUT we've only been charged!

I believe the tribunal is ongoing, but because it's private & confidential, no updates are being released or leaked, as opposed to what happened with UEFA.

Now it's my hope that before the PL's panel get anywhere near a finding, that the Government's IREF comes into force.

The hope is IREF will not only be truly independent, it will also transform English football from being governed by the PL's private members club Rules, to being governed under UK Law.

Phew! I think this is where we actually stand as of today, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Just watched this live, Stefan has a significant section in it.

Quite reassuring on the City stuff and it's almost alarming how little those outside the club know about the case.

"Alarming"isn't the correct description,in my experience chatting with oppo fans etc.

Willfully one eyed ignorance would probably be more accurate.

Clarification:

Manchester City Football Club have been Charged by the Premier League with 115 Breaches of their FFP rules.

They've selected 3 members from their internal 6 member panel made up of legal professionals to preside over the tribunal.

At this point, I'm now not sure whether City have submitted any evidence or not.

Once the PL's panel have conducted the tribunal, they'll publish their findings on the PL's website.

At this point, City can either accept in part, or in whole the panels verdict, & submit an appeal.

Now I'm thinking about it, I'm pretty well sure this is actually our situation. We've all been assuming they've found us guilty, BUT we've only been charged!

I believe the tribunal is ongoing, but because it's private & confidential, no updates are being released or leaked, as opposed to what happened with UEFA.

Now it's my hope that before the PL's panel get anywhere near a finding, that the Government's IREF comes into force.

The hope is IREF will not only be truly independent, it will also transform English football from being governed by the PL's private members club Rules, to being governed under UK Law.

Phew! I think this is where we actually stand as of today, but I'm happy to be corrected.
So we kick the can down the road for another couple of years before IREF comes into force and then we tell the PL to fuck off with both barrels .
Easy this complicated legal bollocks innit ! ;-)

Clarification:

Technically this should already be happening. Premier League rules do state that they'll comply with English law.

So for example the myth about there being no limitations isn't exactly true as they'll likely follow English law, although the time barring element isn't really a big deal given the severity of the allegations.

I do think the Premier League rushed through the allegations to stave off the independent regulation plan from the Government though.

Clarification:

Are you ok?..

Please don't speak for the rest of us. You've changed your view twice in the last 4 pages and have no idea what you think, never mind anyone else

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.