PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It still makes no sense that they got the charges wrong. You’d think when they are advising they are looking at the year book & the allegation.

You’d also think they’d say CAS over ruled because of this, so it’s unlikely & a reason they didn’t move forward for 4 years.

Also the sheer volume of charges is vindictive & inconsistent. If you want someone nailed & quickly you wouldn’t create head aches for yourself. It would be like throwing charges of “fly tipping” at Peter Sutcliffe.
Well I can well imagine that it started as a fishing expedition to see what they could add to the hack information but what I can't imagine is that they were advised by a top legal team that they had nothing but still went ahead.

Obviously neither Pannick or their KC will be doing it on a no win-no fee basis but again surely neither are that desperate that they need to take on a hopeless case. Both sides think they can win in my view so a guaranteed slam dunk for us is wishful thinking. All a matter of opinion of course and many others will have an entirely different take on it. I just wish it would reach a conclusion in months rather than years but I highly doubt it.

Absolutely this. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't be aware of what Harris and the likes are saying during their obsessive Twitter rants. And as his latest posts show, he's doing it for a bite and when he gets it playing the victim off it.

The man clearly isn't well. But we should leave him in the playground of the unwell with his pals, rather than giving him and his "friend" reason to venture over here.
Amazed Harris has got involved in any rant, he usually just blocks anyone who responds to him

Whilst I like the cut of your jib mate, the PL don't have to prove we've committed 'fraud on an industrial scale'. Indeed they don't have the authority or competence to do this.
The independent panel they have appointed only has to decide by majority verdict and on the balance of probability that some of our transactions broke FFP rules.
And that is a much lower bar.
Like you I'm still confident that the club will be cleared of these charges.
Given that they have effectively accused us of fraudulent accounting over a prolonged period, then this is indeed what they'd have to prove in order to land all of their charges. Whilst the standard of proof is just the balance of probabilities, as with all civil cases, the serious nature of the charges means that cogent evidence is required. If they were only able to show that some of our transactions broke FFP rules then we'd be looking at a minor points deduction at worse.

Well I can well imagine that it started as a fishing expedition to see what they could add to the hack information but what I can't imagine is that they were advised by a top legal team that they had nothing but still went ahead.

Obviously neither Pannick or their KC will be doing it on a no win-no fee basis but again surely neither are that desperate that they need to take on a hopeless case. Both sides think they can win in my view so a guaranteed slam dunk for us is wishful thinking. All a matter of opinion of course and many others will have an entirely different take on it. I just wish it would reach a conclusion in months rather than years but I highly doubt it.

I’ve just settled on a personal case, my solicitor advised me they’ll offer a low settlement quickly & accept. He then said the client was telling their solicitor not to settle, by the 3rd conciliation meeting I was told their Solicitor said to his client you need to settle which they ignored. 14 months later I accepted x3 more than my solicitor initially advised as it was clear they had no defence & its cost them x6 with their costs.

I accepted as I did everything my solicitor told me despite the opportunity to receive even more in court as it’s a risk.
They refused as it was their ego until the point when they realised they are well & truely fcked.

There’s egos & agendas.

Last edited:
You wouldn't have thought so, but this is pretty much what UEFA did, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Never underestimate the stupidity of football administrators.

I know you're a bit dismissive of the idea, but I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that there was a degree of coercion from other clubs, plus there is the looming threat of an independent regulator. These factors could easily have muddied the water for the PL, and resulted in them overreaching with their charges.

That's not to play down the seriousness of the case, and there is an awful lot at stakes for both sides. I don't think anyone at this stage can say with any degree of certainty what the outcome will be.

“Strong and wrong beats weak and right”

The notion that the over simplistic “if Everton, then City” helps me separate the idiots from those who have looked at each case and seen they are distinctly different.

Anyone who says “if Everton got 10 points for £19M, City must get…..!” is simply unable to understand what is happening in front of their own eyes and should be duly dismissed out of hand.
Yep, it’s a great short cut.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.