PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I was reading a short paper on this from some professor in finance at Sheffield University. He refrained of course from trying to predict any outcome, but he did say that regardless of the outcome FFP has been shown to be inadequate and the FA / UEFA incapable of regulating member clubs against its own directives. This could be a huge catalyst for change in the football world.

Whichever way the verdict falls, there will be much fallout. I foresee the end of FFP in the current form and an independence regulator appointed, with a very real prospect of a huge rebellion against the status quo resulting in breakaway leagues and more. It could be the end of the premier league's dominance even, with pressures to form European or World leagues only getting stronger.

The FA now have a situation where they and other member clubs have accused their most successful club of cheating, even fraudulent behaviour, and those making the accusations really need to know the seriousness of that, and the implications for them in terms of their position and credibility. If we win, we'll want the record setting straight and there will be many noses out of of joint, noses we know full well don't like to accept the reality of the situation. If we lose, that's probably easier for the FA but,I feel, much harder to prove and quite unlikely. Certainly 115 charges, or whatever it actually is, we will not be found guilty on all of them. The bar of required evidence is far too high for the FA to meet, based on what I have seen of their arguments, leaks and conduct.

All this for some very suspect charges, probably to satisfy the old boys club. I do still think they'll try to stick us with non cooperation again, but I can't foresee how the FA have, or even think they have, nearly sufficient evidence to prove their allegations. If that happens, expect a United, Arsenal and Liverpool led revolt, as the hand that feeds is unceremoniously chomped at by those same ungrateful, spolied brats.

It’s got fuck all to do with the FA.

If united failed ffp under eufa rules and were fined, why aren't the PL looking at that as well? Not in a sarcastic way, but genuinely why aren't they? Were their losses not enough to fail PL ffp?
Completely different rules. Didn't fail Premier league FFP.

I was reading a short paper on this from some professor in finance at Sheffield University. He refrained of course from trying to predict any outcome, but he did say that regardless of the outcome FFP has been shown to be inadequate and the FA / UEFA incapable of regulating member clubs against its own directives. This could be a huge catalyst for change in the football world.

Whichever way the verdict falls, there will be much fallout. I foresee the end of FFP in the current form and an independence regulator appointed, with a very real prospect of a huge rebellion against the status quo resulting in breakaway leagues and more. It could be the end of the premier league's dominance even, with pressures to form European or World leagues only getting stronger.

The FA now have a situation where they and other member clubs have accused their most successful club of cheating, even fraudulent behaviour, and those making the accusations really need to know the seriousness of that, and the implications for them in terms of their position and credibility. If we win, we'll want the record setting straight and there will be many noses out of of joint, noses we know full well don't like to accept the reality of the situation. If we lose, that's probably easier for the FA but,I feel, much harder to prove and quite unlikely. Certainly 115 charges, or whatever it actually is, we will not be found guilty on all of them. The bar of required evidence is far too high for the FA to meet, based on what I have seen of their arguments, leaks and conduct.

All this for some very suspect charges, probably to satisfy the old boys club. I do still think they'll try to stick us with non cooperation again, but I can't foresee how the FA have, or even think they have, nearly sufficient evidence to prove their allegations. If that happens, expect a United, Arsenal and Liverpool led revolt, as the hand that feeds is unceremoniously chomped at by those same ungrateful, spolied brats.
If the cartel clubs do try and break away again, what kind of fallout do you think we will see from their fan bases, remember the grovelling video J. Henry had to put out.
The Glazers took their eye off the ball and concentrated only on commercial income, remember what Woodward said, something to the tune of it doesn't matter if their not successful on the pitch.

It still makes no sense that they got the charges wrong. You’d think when they are advising they are looking at the year book & the allegation.

You’d also think they’d say CAS over ruled because of this, so it’s unlikely & a reason they didn’t move forward for 4 years.

Also the sheer volume of charges is vindictive & inconsistent. If you want someone nailed & quickly you wouldn’t create head aches for yourself. It would be like throwing charges of “fly tipping” at Peter Sutcliffe.
Fly tippers are the scum of the earth and need eradicating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.