PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Eevry time I hear this phrase "go nuclear" I am reminded of a meeting I went to with my partner about 20 years ago. We were in a serious legal dispute with some guys who were trying to take control of the shares of our company. We were in this meeting with a solicitor at Eversheds, a serious big hitter, and were talking about something like if they decided to withdraw cash without our consent or similar.

Anyway my partner confidently stated "If they do that we'll throw the book at them" and this solictor just casually but pointedly asked "What book?". She had no response.

I think this "go nuclear" phrase is the same: baseless bluster. There is no "nuclear".
With all due respect was your partner prepared to go back on TEN BILLION POUNDS of investment if you were fucked over? Did she even have the capacity to even approach anything like that? Just asking, not trying to be a wise guy, but let's remember what's at stake here and who the PL are dealing with...I can't believe the naivete I'm seeing on this thread, including from all the legal experts. This isn't some random, bullshit case. Do people understand who SM and his family are? Can we please take our heads out of the books and look at this from a real world scenario? It's a shitshow designed to discredit us and take some of the joy from our great success. I say to all those a holes out there "good luck with that and we'll see you all again at the winner's podiums again in the Spring"...CADED

I really don't understand why, with united's losses, they have not been deducted points like Everton. After all they are still a Premier league club and their losses are far greater than Everton's. It doesn't seem right at all.
The Pl allowed for some Covid related adjustments in 2022 which meant that Utd met the PL ffp requirements. Lucky that isn't it. Utd can always rely on a helping hand from the PL.

Initial reports from overly giddy journalists when the charges were announced was that the Premier League rules state there is no time bar.

I believe premier league rules do mention something about following English law to some extent.

More up-to-date thinking is that the independent commission will comply with English law's 6 year time bar.

Otherwise as you say, it could get ridiculous.
George Potter has asked the PL to look into the unduly lenient ban Dennis Tueart got for breaking George’s jaw.

You're correct that nothing has seemingly changed in our situation, but the Everton points deduction has opened it up again. However it's the media harping on about and comparing the Everton situation to ours.
With my conspiracy hat on, I have always suspected that a big part of this was repetitional damage, but then agiaim it’s a bloody expensive way to go about it, it must be costing the PL millions in legal fees, I thought the league itself wasn’t particularly wealthy but who knows

Haven´t read the news lately about our case and not really familiar with citys charges.Whats the percentage that we get hit by points deduction or something even worse?

I can not understand why there is not more press on Chelsea as their predicament could be really difficult.

Firstly been pointed out that FFP could result in Everton going into administration.

If Chelsea were relegated how would their model hold up and could they face a similar issue? Profit and turnover potentially weak in comparison to wage costs as no likelihood of Champions League yet. If relegated, these figures worsen dramatically. Also unlikely to be able to sell many players on these long contracts, unless they have relegation clauses. Could that mean administration for them also?

If City were hit with draconian punishment, they do so from an excellent financial position which would buffer the affects.

FFP potentially causing the potential financial ruin of clubs. Nothing more than a power grab from the cartel.
They’ve been stockpiling players for fun recently. Have they been tipped a wink a big transfer ban is coming?

Haven´t read the news lately about our case and not really familiar with citys charges.Whats the percentage that we get hit by points deduction or something even worse?
If you haven’t read it lately it’s exactly the same news from the last time you read it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.