PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Eevry time I hear this phrase "go nuclear" I am reminded of a meeting I went to with my partner about 20 years ago. We were in a serious legal dispute with some guys who were trying to take control of the shares of our company. We were in this meeting with a solicitor at Eversheds, a serious big hitter, and were talking about something like if they decided to withdraw cash without our consent or similar.

Anyway my partner confidently stated "If they do that we'll throw the book at them" and this solictor just casually but pointedly asked "What book?". She had no response.

I think this "go nuclear" phrase is the same: baseless bluster. There is no "nuclear".
I'm with you. It's cobblers. And if we did have a 'nuclear' button, we'd have surely pressed it long ago in respect of this particular limping dog of a process....

Anybody spot the difference?
Is the answer blue?

So it has come up only because of Evertons punishment?Have to hope that all is good and remains so.
Yes it’s only because they got a deduction everyone is mentioning city. I 100% believe if Everton had have got off Scott free it would have been all Everton news this week and not a peep of how city might get off

Haven´t read the news lately about our case and not really familiar with citys charges.Whats the percentage that we get hit by points deduction or something even worse?
According to the media, it’s 100% that the heavens will open and mighty thunderbolts will rain down upon the etihad, followed by a plague of locusts and frogs, and the stain upon all that is decent, that is City, will be sucked into a gaping hole which will open and they will be swallowed by satan himself and will never be seen again.
Well, it’s something like that anyway.

United failed UEFA FFP but have not been charged by the PL yet. I don't think any of the others have failed UEFA FFP, for various reasons including falling out of UEFA competitions for certain years.
Liverpool failed, Leicester failed. Doesn't matter if they qualified or not, still breaks the PL FFP rules for some reason with City? but not others.

With my conspiracy hat on, I have always suspected that a big part of this was repetitional damage, but then agiaim it’s a bloody expensive way to go about it, it must be costing the PL millions in legal fees, I thought the league itself wasn’t particularly wealthy but who knows
Post covid pl revenue has been growing like 2020-21 by 12% and 2023 about 8% . Is there any annual audit ? how are they managing to pay for their legal fees ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.